Subject: World In Flames Required? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Lerda
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this a standalone game or is World In Flames required?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willow Pearson
England
Leicester
flag msg tools
Never drop a crate!
mbmbmbmbmb
At the risk of getting this wrong and invoking the wrath of Wendell; if you have the WiF Final Edition rules as well, and the maps, you're golden.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bukata
United States
Amherst
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Pi-Shu
mbmbmbmbmb
And the rules can be downloaded (Collector edition) directly from the Australian Design Group website.

I don't recall if the actual rulebook is in the box set - I think there was a book that might have had the scenarios in it in the game box.

(cant look right now Im not near my copies (yes more than one )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bukata
United States
Amherst
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Pi-Shu
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually a quick look in the file section shows a file entitled "Patten in Flames Rulebook" or something like that - I think that might be the book I was referring to which has the scenarios and nuances particular to Patten in Flames.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Patton in Flames is completely stand-alone; assuming it's complete everything you need to play is in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bukata
United States
Amherst
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Pi-Shu
mbmbmbmbmb
I just looked at one of my old copies and one of my new copies.

Wendell is correct but here is what I have seen for completeness:

1. Old copy has Final Edition rules in it (FE) and the blue UK counters. Like Wendell said it it a complete game on its own.

2. New copy which I ordered from the Collectors edition set contains a letter stating that the 7th edition rules (FE) are no longer the standard set and that once released (which it has been - I have not gotten my copies yet) that an additional set of rules will be shipped of the Collectors Edition rules (CE). This copy also comes with the blue UK counters.

Now the Khaki UK counters come with the Collectors Edition set of boxed games or are sold separately AND they contain khaki counter replacements for all of the blue counters for all of the games to include Patton in Flames(the khaki counters are an upgrade that i think is worth it because they look much nicer).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.