Subject: Anyone else using Amazon to ship games direct to NZ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering if anyone is using amazon.com to buy games?

Just in the last day or so, I have suddenly seen a huge spike in their international shipping cost.

Previously, a standard size game would ship to NZ for $15USD. They have now increased that to $25USD.

Anyone else having a similiar experience?

Also, I have seen some threads on here about YouShop. How much does YouShop charge to ship a normal size board game? Any issues with YouShop currently?

Update 28 May 2018

Looks like Amazon listened to my feedback! I now see the $15 shipping option again 😀

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Findlater
New Zealand
Invercargill
Southland
flag msg tools
mbmb
I use to buy all my games off Amazon, use to be a lot cheaper. But sometime last year they changed their shipping to include customs duty and now the shipping makes them not much cheaper than buying in NZ.

I've found www.nzgameshop.com (or their uk branch www.365games.co.uk) as the cheapest place for getting board games into New Zealand (comes from UK). Shipping is about $3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the OP is referring to a far more recent uptick in cost; I just checked the price I paid on 2 recent orders for shipping and they both have gone from $12-14 to $23 for shipping for a game, unfortunately, as he says. Pity, that had been a cheaper way of getting games to NZ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
princedetenebres wrote:
I think the OP is referring to a far more recent uptick in cost; I just checked the price I paid on 2 recent orders for shipping and they both have gone from $12-14 to $23 for shipping for a game, unfortunately, as he says. Pity, that had been a cheaper way of getting games to NZ.

Ah, good to see I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. I wondered how Amazon could ship so cheaply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Watt
New Zealand
Wanganui
Wanganui
flag msg tools
badge
Play?
mbmbmbmbmb
I also noticed an almost doubling of the shipping costs on a recent round of 'how much game could a gamer game if a gamer could afford games?'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hamish Mio
New Zealand
Napier
Hawkes Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So suckballs. Really gutted about that price hike at amazon. I will recommend nzgameshop.co.nz like the poster above as well. They are competitive in pricing. Maybe this is a sign to tell me to not buy as many games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news for Amazon competitors. Although I wonder when Amazon Australia will get going properly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hamish Mio
New Zealand
Napier
Hawkes Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I wondered if the Aus one would make a difference in the future. Amazon is also coming here to NZ too. I wonder what that will be like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been getting 10 or 20 usd Amazon vouchers each month doing online surveys. Another option is to get 10 or 20 nzd a month in mighty ape or PayPal.

With the usd/nzd exchange rate, I am still probably better off taking the Amazon credit, but only by a small margin now with the increased shipping.

I also notice that it seems if you ship multiple games, the shipping per game reduces. For instance, 25usd for one game, 40usd for 2, 55usd for 3. But that's a lot of months doing online surveys to pay for the shipping!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hamishmiles wrote:
Yeah I wondered if the Aus one would make a difference in the future. Amazon is also coming here to NZ too. I wonder what that will be like.
part of me feels like it will be just like fishpond lol

'free shipping!*'

*outrageous prices
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.