Hide
5 Posts

Frostgrave» Forums » Rules

Subject: Staff and Dagger? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M N
msg tools
I've been playing FG for a while now and, embarrassingly, I don't know the answer to this question. Can a Wizard (or Apprentice) have both a staff and a dagger? Thanks folks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you can have a staff and a dagger, but only the staff OR the dagger can be wielded at any one time. I believe - going off memory. No rules at hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually:

"All wizards start with their choice of either a staff or a hand weapon, and this should be written in one item slot in their entry on the Wizard Sheet. Additionally, a wizard may buy a dagger, two-handed weapon, bow, or crossbow for 5 gold crowns (see Assembling a Warband). If a wizard is armed with both a sword and a dagger, he receives +1 Fight, which should be written as a split stat: +2/+3 for a starting wizard."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
So I was correct that he can't wield both a staff and dagger at the same time. Thanks for the rules reference!

Also - there is nothing prohibiting a wizard from starting off with a free staff, and buying a sword, dagger, and bow. One of our players decided he wanted to do that our first game, and rules don't seem to prohibit it, but these do take up item slots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M N
msg tools
Ah, yes. Thanks Rev! I read that and completely glossed over it. Probably because I wanted to wield a staff AND a dagger and was in denial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.