Subject: Moverment in Hamilcar rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the movement remains 4 points in total for Hamilcar, but again you can still only use 3 points for naval? I'm confused.

Can an Army move Land / Naval / Naval / Naval / Land?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Naval Moverment in Hamilcar
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:
So the movement remains 4 points in total for Hamilcar, but again you can still only use 3 points for naval? I'm confused.

Can an Army move Land / Naval / Naval / Naval / Land?
'Naval and land movement can be freely combined' p31 Scenario booklet.

You have shown 5MP being used, so I must assume a Forced March has been played (unless you know better; I haven't spotted an exception for Hamilcar), but that aside, what is confusing you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes, an example would be land/land/naval (three movements). This is quite a big change from the original game, in terms of the flexibility it gives you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
11.1 states: "but only up to 3 movement points can be used in one Move for Naval Movement." They provide an example of land / sea / land. p.31

But the P. Claudius Pulcher general card's special ability states "May use entire Move (4 spaces) for Naval Movement" (my emphasis). This card comes from the "Price of Failure" expansion and carries the ship symbol for Hamilcar.

There is no reference to Land Movement in the Hamilcar rules so I assume the 4 spaces is applied as per Hannibal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:
11.1 states: "but only up to 3 movement points can be used in one Move for Naval Movement." They provide an example of land / sea / land. p.31

But the P. Claudius Pulcher general card's special ability states "May use entire Move (4 spaces) for Naval Movement" (my emphasis). This card comes from the "Price of Failure" expansion and carries the ship symbol for Hamilcar.

There is no reference to Land Movement in the Hamilcar rules so I assume the 4 spaces is applied as per Hannibal?
8.2. Using the Operation Number (OPs) 'The Operation Number may be spent on moving Generals... as described in the rulebook.'
p31 Scenario Book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaro Andruszkiewicz
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
An example would be:

land/naval/naval/naval or a variation of it (naval/land/naval/naval)

each naval goes only 1 space, mind you

or

land/naval/land/naval etc.

Pulcher can do naval/naval/naval/naval

hope this helps. And yes, it is a departure from Hannibal and one over which I was agonizing a lot (however, inspired by Successors).

Best!

J.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great Jaro, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.