3 Posts

Museum Rush» Forums » Rules

Subject: Lock cracking RAW vs. RAI rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Harry Cummings
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
The rules for cracking a lock code are: "Check each digit in the lock code - if the number matches one of the dice, take an Unlock token and place it over that digit"

As written, that means if I roll at least one 5 I can crack the Grand Exhibit, and its four 5s are functionally equivalent to an exhibit with one 5.

Presumably the intention is that each time I place an unlock token I should *also* remove the matching dice from the pool. So I have to roll four separate fives (over multiple turns, and/or use keys) to crack the grand exhibit.

I can't think of any other sensible interpretation of this rule, but just wanted to check if I was missing something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhys ap Gwyn
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi there! The designer here. Yeah, you're right, the idea is that you need to get 5 separate 5s in order to crack the Grand Exhibit. The wording there is just a bit off.

Hope that helps and hope you're enjoying the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Cummings
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks for the quick response! Had the chance to play the game a few times now, and enjoying it so far. The world's most incompetently secured museum is consistently hilarious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.