Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henry Richards
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if there are any plans for a reprint of this game? I saw the thread that said FFG bought the rights but I don't really see it available anywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I honestly had not heard and do not anything about FFG and reprint(s).
But I did find a 2nd edition release, new in shrink at one of my local fame stores 2, maybe 3 months ago. So copies are still out there recently, keep looking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bishop
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't count on a reprint. There has only been 9 threads about this game in the last year and 1 review. That's pretty quiet. I stumbled here looking at the top 200 and was curious if anyone was still playing this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Espada
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
I will try it as soon as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Richards
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's surprising how many reviews mention this game and how much they enjoyed it but it's not available. Perhaps something hyped and died out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Juperdat wrote:
It's surprising how many reviews mention this game and how much they enjoyed it but it's not available. Perhaps something hyped and died out?
I think it helped that it was one of the first games to integrate deck building without making that the entirety of the game. Since then other games have come and done that, with various themes, even some by the same designer.
It also probably isn't helping that the game has a dominant strategy (some might say it's broken) which the designer says couldn't be completely fixed without deviating too far from history.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Juperdat wrote:

This game was released by a company that is now gone. Many other titles by the same company are difficult to get (though there's still stock out there in various places, mostly stores that don't have online storefronts, so rare items stay in stock for longer).

Actually it is worse that A Handful of Stars, which I consider masterpiece in game design of deckbuilder with a board, is completely unavailable now. It was the last title and a limited print run by that same company.

The only hope is that another publisher will reprint them, but at this day and age where 'new' matters more, it might take a while.

Ze_German_Guy wrote:
I think it helped that it was one of the first games to integrate deck building without making that the entirety of the game. Since then other games have come and done that, with various themes, even some by the same designer.
It also probably isn't helping that the game has a dominant strategy (some might say it's broken) which the designer says couldn't be completely fixed without deviating too far from history.

Actually the dominant strategy is 'fixed' with some tweaks, but overall it doesn't matter. It is still a great game even if you know ins and outs of that very specific strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hands in the Sea is a great alternative.

As is Time of Crisis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.