9 Posts

Kingdom Builder» Forums » General

Subject: Any More Expansions After Harvest? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Lopresti
msg tools
mbmbmb
Does anyone know if any more expansions are planned after the Harvest expansion?

Thanks so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Drebing
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe no other expansions are planned for at this time, which is a sad thing, because KB is one of my favorites!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lopresti
msg tools
mbmbmb
Ours, too. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only bought Nomads and Crossroads, which I love. Are any of the others REALLY worth adding to my collection? Or do they just make a lovely, simple game too fiddly and complex?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All of them add some complexity and all of them are totally worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
TomandJonna wrote:
Does anyone know if any more expansions are planned after the Harvest expansion?

I don't have any more planned, and finished Harvest years ago. There might be another promo someday, but I haven't worked on one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
sodaklady wrote:
Or do they just make a lovely, simple game too fiddly and complex?
I tried a few of them that a friend had, and decided that I didn't need any of them for our set as, for me, they detracted from the base game.

Edit: Fixed my broken quoting and a typo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Santos
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
I tired a few of them that a friend had, and decided that I didn't need any of them for our set as, for me, they detracted from the base game.

I guess this also depends on how frequently you play KB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. C. DeMarco
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sodaklady wrote:
I've only bought Nomads and Crossroads, which I love. Are any of the others REALLY worth adding to my collection? Or do they just make a lovely, simple game too fiddly and complex?

No. If you have enough expansions and put them together in a particularly complex way (by picking the most complex board powers) you might end up with a game you wouldn’t like, but in general you can make a game as simple as the base game (but different) or only slightly more fiddly by your choices of expansion bits—because the expansions are all variable game boards/powers and goals like the base, not a wholesale change to the game’s structure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.