Eldon
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 22nd Canadian Advanced Squad Leader Open will be held at the Sandman Hotel in Winnipeg from May 18 to 20. ASL enthusiasts from Canada, the USA and beyond will be competing in tournaments for trophies and just for the love of the game.

To register please go to https://canadianasl.org/how-to-register/.

If you’re interested in what ASL is all about, feel free to stop off and visit. Find out why ASL is regarded as being the world's #1 tactical WW2 game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, so you're the Eldon I've heard so much about. Ron talks about you all the time when we play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eldon
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol. And you're the Chris that Ron has been mentoring. Cool!

I remember our first ASL game - Retaking Vierville - American paratroopers versus the Germans in Normandy. What a revelation that was. Ron is an excellent teacher of the game and our unofficial ambassador for the Winnipeg ASL club.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish you all the luck with your event.

(But on the poster advertising the event, you probably want to spell the address correctly.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eldon
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that, we'll fix that as soon as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Enns
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What if somebody would like to come and watch or is that frowned upon ? Would it cost anything ?? I live like a less than ten minute drive from the hotel ( 5 if i catch the lights right )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eldon
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All visitors are welcome and there is no charge. It is an excellent opportunity to see ASL games in action and to meet ASL players, which includes members of the local Winnipeg ASL Club.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
When Ron was trying to sell me on the event, knowing that I don't like large crowds of people, he kept saying "oh, don't worry, it'll just be a few tables and you can just watch." He failed to mention that it's the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. Kinda buried the lead there, Ron.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.