Popular Tags: [View All]
ⱮǾⱤǾƝ ÐɆĽŮẌɆ
Chile
flag msg tools
Lucha y fiesta
badge
Ni corto ni perezoso
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume players can't use those tokens after receiving them end of turn to level up directly, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill K
United States
Unspecified
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.

(1) They are received during Combat Rewards during your end-of-turn sequence:
PaulGrogan wrote:
Apologies for the confusing wording. It was intended that these be a reward from combat, given out at the end of the combat along with any other rewards.
. . . as quoted from this thread.

(2) Your turn ends when your end-of-turn sequence begins (see the base game rulebook p. 5, and especially Lost Legion p. 10: "The End of Turn sequence is not part of your turn and you can play no effects there.")--for once you declare that you are beginning your end-of-turn sequence, you can no longer use Skills, cards, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Qutu wrote:
I assume players can't use those tokens after receiving them end of turn to level up directly, right?

What confuses me about your question is: To turn them into fame, you have to interact, so how would you level up with them "after receiving them end of turn"?

If you play without them, and get that fame rather than the token as combat reward, you do level right away
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ⱮǾⱤǾƝ ÐɆĽŮẌɆ
Chile
flag msg tools
Lucha y fiesta
badge
Ni corto ni perezoso
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Only using one token per turn is allowed! (I played that wrong -> S#!T)

2) Discard one token to receive 1 fame or 3 influence. Couldn't found other restrictions like interact. (I assume this counts towards one token per turn!)

3) Variant: For the Fame: Playing without tokens and Giving 1 fame more instead of the token. It is not a choose after every enemy thing.
(This can easily be house-ruled)

4) And there is no timing for the discard. So maybe it is possible to generate influence and block with cards like diplomacy!?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Qutu wrote:
2) Discard one token to receive 1 fame or 3 influence. Couldn't found other restrictions like interact. (I assume this counts towards one token per turn!)

Rulebook Page 3 wrote:
Instead of using the token for its ability, it may also be discarded when interacting for either 1 Fame or 3 Influence. This represents you giving the item to someone influential or in exchange for something else.

These are literally the two sentences of the manual defining the use for fame or influence...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Qutu wrote:
1) Only using one token per turn is allowed! (I played that wrong -> S#!T)

Rulebook Page 3 wrote:
You may not use more than one token with the same name per turn.

Again, right in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ⱮǾⱤǾƝ ÐɆĽŮẌɆ
Chile
flag msg tools
Lucha y fiesta
badge
Ni corto ni perezoso
mbmbmbmbmb
You have the english version of the rule book, right?

My translation is missing those key instructions.

when interacting/with the same name

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Qutu wrote:
You have the english version of the rule book, right?

My translation is missing those key instructions.

when interacting/with the same name

Yes, you can look at it online:

https://wizkids.com/rules/MK3_Rulebook%20Final%20Resized%204...

I did not anticipate such mistakes in translation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ⱮǾⱤǾƝ ÐɆĽŮẌɆ
Chile
flag msg tools
Lucha y fiesta
badge
Ni corto ni perezoso
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx for the help.

So as far as i can follow you

1) Spending more than one token is possible, if they weren't the same, right? So generating 1,2,3 fame or 3,6,9 influence is possible on the same turn by discarding those tokens during an interaction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Qutu wrote:
Thx for the help.

So as far as i can follow you

1) Spending more than one token is possible, if they weren't the same, right? So generating 1,2,3 fame or 3,6,9 influence is possible on the same turn by discarding those tokens during an interaction.

Yes, indeed!

And since you can amass quite a number of tokens in some scenarios, it can sometimes trivialise hiring elite units in the endgame. I remember some players not being particularly happy about that, for balancing reasons.

I have liked the tokens a lot so far, so I am not (yet?) at a point were I think they should be changed or somehow limited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.