9 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Find the split personality killer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan
Canada
flag msg tools
My group doesn't get what to do with the special rules.

Pay 1 extra fight to "investigate the murder suspects for a bystander and rescue it"

Can anyone tell us what to do here? I get the extra fight. I don't get the rest. Do we investigate the murder deck? And I've read investigate multiple times and were not sure we understand.

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Baker
msg tools
To investigate is to examine the top two cards of the deck and to take, draw, play, etc. Every time you play a Twist, you add to a special deck called the “murder suspects”. Each twist adds four cards to the deck: 3 bystanders and 1 hero card. The object of the scheme is to guess which hero has the most cards in the murder suspect deck after the sixth of eight twists is played (meaning there will be 5 hero cards in that deck). To prevent this from being completely based on luck, the scheme allows to look at some of the cards in the deck every time you defeat a villain in the city for 1 extra \\\. So buy paying an extra \\\ (attack), you look at the top two cards of the murder suspect deck. If one is a bystander, you add it to your victory pile, meaning the next time you investigate the deck, you are more likely to find a hero or even better a pair of heroes. The turn is not wasted even if you get 2 bystanders because you get VP for the bystander. I hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like this scheme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
Canada
flag msg tools
gregorynbaker wrote:
To investigate is to examine the top two cards of the deck and to take, draw, play, etc. Every time you play a Twist, you add to a special deck called the “murder suspects”. Each twist adds four cards to the deck: 3 bystanders and 1 hero card. The object of the scheme is to guess which hero has the most cards in the murder suspect deck after the sixth of eight twists is played (meaning there will be 5 hero cards in that deck). To prevent this from being completely based on luck, the scheme allows to look at some of the cards in the deck every time you defeat a villain in the city for 1 extra \\\. So buy paying an extra \\\ (attack), you look at the top two cards of the murder suspect deck. If one is a bystander, you add it to your victory pile, meaning the next time you investigate the deck, you are more likely to find a hero or even better a pair of heroes. The turn is not wasted even if you get 2 bystanders because you get VP for the bystander. I hope this helps.

This is where I was confused. The keyword sheet I printed from here seemed to apply it has to be a match.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
badnatey wrote:

This is where I was confused. The keyword sheet I printed from here seemed to apply it has to be a match.

I like to keep all the factory rules sheets right handy. They look cool anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another key part of investigate is that once you’ve looked at the two cards and either found what you were looking for or not, you put any remaining cards back on the top or bottom of the deck you were looking at.

So say you’re investigating the murder suspects deck for a Bystander but instead you see two Hero cards. You could put them both back on top of the deck, for other players to see them, or you could put them back on the bottom of the deck (hiding them from the other players). Or you could put one on top and one on the bottom.

Similarly if you draw two Bystanders, you’ll rescue one but you can decide whether to the remaining one back on the top or bottom of the deck (so in so I would tend to put it on the bottom to cycle round to the Hero cards quicker).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
Canada
flag msg tools
Race Bannon wrote:
badnatey wrote:

I have them all handy. It just confused me more, haha. But the original group thought seemed to be right.. Not sure why we were so confused by the wording.

There was another card that was strange. A 6* Gwenpool. The icon showed after a key word. The whole card was strange.
That's the only real hero card that's confused us so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
badnatey wrote:
Race Bannon wrote:
badnatey wrote:

I have them all handy. It just confused me more, haha. But the original group thought seemed to be right.. Not sure why we were so confused by the wording.

There was another card that was strange. A 6* Gwenpool. The icon showed after a key word. The whole card was strange.

That asterisk is reminding you that the recruit cost of the card might be lower due to Size Changing. If you've played a card with the icon after Size Changing, it's cost is two less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
Canada
flag msg tools
Race Bannon wrote:
badnatey wrote:
Race Bannon wrote:
badnatey wrote:

That asterisk is reminding you that the recruit cost of the card might be lower due to Size Changing. If you've played a card with the icon after Size Changing, it's cost is two less.

Okay, that's how I thought. Thanks for the clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls