Hide
5 Posts

Hero Realms: The Ruin of Thandar Campaign Deck» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clinging Imp discard rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Golike
msg tools
I saw this somewhere, but I can't remember where. The Clinging Imp expend ability says, "Discard a card that costs 1 (gold) or more." Do class starter deck cards that have no printed cost count? For example, can I discard a gold card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gonzalvez
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jgolike wrote:
I saw this somewhere, but I can't remember where. The Clinging Imp expend ability says, "Discard a card that costs 1 (gold) or more." Do class starter deck cards that have no printed cost count? For example, can I discard a gold card?

Hi Joe! Been a while since I played, but I would say that the card must have a cost/value of at least 1, so the zero cost/value starter cards don’t count.

In other words, those darned Imps want to cause you as much trouble and annoyance as possible, by forcing you to discard your more valuable cards.

Hope this helps! How do you like the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Golike
msg tools
Thanks for the quick reply, Martin! I really love the game. I like that it's easy to pick up the mechanics, but the randomness always provides a challenge. I'm trying to get my weekly game group hooked and will definitely be picking up the next expansions as they come out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Golike
msg tools
I found some clarification in the Everburning Candle treasure for the Cleric. It reads:

"put a champion without a cost (such as a Follower) from your discard pile into your hand."

So it looks like you're right, cards in your starter deck have no (zero) cost, and would not qualify for the Clinging Imp discard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Mandel
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

You have it correct. Starting cards don't have a cost and don't qualify for the Clinging Imp discard.

Thank you,
Danny
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.