Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
horgboth
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
General question: does a permanent event effect only apply if you are on the terrain to which it's attached?

Specifically about card 35 (spoiler):
Card 35 is a permanent event that increases the card cost of certain actions. Is that everywhere on the board or just here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Permanent events apply only to the cards they point to unless they specify otherwise. The version of 035 that you refer to (there are two versions) does indeed only apply to the terrain card it points to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
horgboth
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks, that's how I played it. Then I died a couple of turns later soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Furlong
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if I take the hide action on the card and succeed, I would discard the card to the past.

At the point, I appears I could take the spot action again from the terrain card and get the other 035 card from the box. That would justify the relatively high cost of the hide action. Am I right in this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iohonnes wrote:
So if I take the hide action on the card and succeed, I would discard the card to the past.

Yes, as the positive consequence is "Discard this."

Quote:
At this point, it appears I could take the spot action again from the terrain card and get the other 035 card from the box. That would justify the relatively high cost of the hide action. Am I right in this?

Yes. Discarding the card removes the golden arrow with small action icon as well, making the Spot action on the terrain available again. You could indeed access the other card.

Whether it justifies the cost, I won't say either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Furlong
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Whether it justifies the cost, I won't say either way.

Agreed - I was more referring to the fact it wasn't trivial to access the other 035 card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.