Aeon's End» Forums » Rules

Subject: carapace queen linked spell rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Hofland
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
When you want to cause more than 1 damage on the queen's husk track you have to pay 1 live to do so.

What I've understood is that this applies to every spell you play to take of multiple husk. So if I have 2 open breaches with a spell in each of them and both can cause more than 1 damage I have to take 2 hp's from my character in order to take out multiple (more than 2) husks.

How does this work if I have 2 linked spells prepped in 1 open breach? I assume both spells are treated seperatly and I would have to take 2 hp damage on my character in order to do the max amount of damage on the husk track.

Thx.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gonzalvez
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Peter, I found this thread, I hope it answers your question. Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter,

You have to pay 1 life per instance of damage.

That means that with a spell like Combustion, which deals 2 damage to a target and 2 damage to another target, if you want to destroy 4 husks you'll have to pay 2 life. One to spray the first instance, and one to spray the second instance. Same with Reeve's ability.

Linked spells create one instance of damage minimum each, so you'll have to pay 1 life per spell to spray damage among multiple husks.

It doesn't matter that the spells are prepped in the same breach. It doesn't matter that they come from different breaches. What does matter are damage instances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hofland
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
DrHenryArmitage wrote:
Hi Peter, I found this thread, I hope it answers your question. Cheers!

That link was helpfull and itt clarified much but it didn't cover the linked spells specifically so I still had some doubt. Resolved now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.