Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jose Cunha
Norway
Lysaker
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Reading the description in the living rules:

"A Creeple may disperse from one Coast Biome to another Coast Biome in the same Latitude (including wrap-around, see D3b). Rafting is possible between Continents/Cratons, stopping at the first encountered Coast, or even between 2 Coasts of the same Continent. Rafting is only possible in Latitudes with Wind and the Creeple must follow the Wind (i.e. directly west or east, no turning) and must move from one Coast to another. Rafting costs 1 DP for flyers or swimmers, and 3 DP for others (this is in addition to the cost to enter the hex). "

Not sure if the part in bold is to account for the cases where rafting through water the creeple may around the world and end up on a coast of the same continent, or that you can actually raft through the continent to the other coast.

Thematically this last one may seem nonsensical, but i see nothing in the rules preventing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Koens
United States
Watsonville
California
flag msg tools
badge
marks the spot.
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can't raft through land spaces on a craton. It is possible to raft "round the world" or for cratons to be assembled into a continent that bends enough to raft along the same continent's coasts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Cunha
Norway
Lysaker
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Not trying to say you're wrong, but how do you know that? I might have missed something in the rulebook or a discussion on BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
grayfoxpt wrote:
Reading the description in the living rules:

"A Creeple may disperse from one Coast Biome to another Coast Biome in the same Latitude (including wrap-around, see D3b). Rafting is possible between Continents/Cratons, stopping at the first encountered Coast, or even between 2 Coasts of the same Continent. Rafting is only possible in Latitudes with Wind and the Creeple must follow the Wind (i.e. directly west or east, no turning) and must move from one Coast to another. Rafting costs 1 DP for flyers or swimmers, and 3 DP for others (this is in addition to the cost to enter the hex). "

Not sure if the part in bold is to account for the cases where rafting through water the creeple may around the world and end up on a coast of the same continent, or that you can actually raft through the continent to the other coast.

Thematically this last one may seem nonsensical, but i see nothing in the rules preventing it.

Jose, with many apologies: the intent of the rule was to allow rafting around the world, but not allow rafting through land. I made a valiant attempt to write a rule that would encompass in a simple fashion a spherical geometry with insular obstacles, but failed. It was just - too - many words. I decided that the edge cases were not worth all the rules. Nevertheless, if these edge cases should arise, I urge players to respect the common sense of disallowing rafting over land, even if the rules do not really accommodate this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Cunha
Norway
Lysaker
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you both.

No apologies needed Phil, i would of course write it much worse, as you probably know!

But i believe there would be a simple solution for this by replacing F5e with "You cannot raft over any biome within a Craton", right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Jose, I like this approach and have change F5e in the living rules accordingly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.