Subject: Crystals song and save (minor spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi All,

i was doing my first play (already on the verge of dying after a single hour...) and then i had to stop and saved.
While reading how to save and restore a game.. it came to my attention that the Crystals song Curse ends when the related exploration cards are over.

With the fact that saving would restore the map and new exploration cards would be added.. it appears that saving multiple times would make the curse being resolved in almost a single piece of land as the map resets and new exploration cards are added every time around it..

Did i think it wrong?.. have i overlooked something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes that’s correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Baughman

New Hampshire
msg tools
badge
Will Code For Food
mbmbmbmb
Many of those cards are bansished, not removed, when resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Erroll wrote:
Many of those cards are bansished, not removed, when resolved.

It’s about the terrain
You don’t need to look for me terrain, as you can just look at the same again after saving, but get new crystal cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
that's what i though.. you basically don't need to leave the small island... just check the terrains, save and restore to check the remaining fog cards.. rinse and repeat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Djna83 wrote:
that's what i though.. you basically don't need to leave the small island... just check the terrains, save and restore to check the remaining fog cards.. rinse and repeat.

This is possible, but probably not really interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crystal Song contains more than Exploration cards.

Consider that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sure, i know that.. but eventually the curse says to get the final card (didn't beat it so i don't know what it is yet but i would guess it would be the curse is lifted) as soon as you would place a crystal exploration card but there are no more..

I Agree though on not being interesting this way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raising Spirit
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well, I play the save mode that If I save I cant play until the next day , so if you follow my rule it will take 8 days to end the adventure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René F.
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Last session we had a big issue with one of the crystal fragments blocking the way. We needed to find specific items first but we were unlucky and died before solving it. I have the feeling that saving would have solve this situation by drawing new foggy crystal cards? Can this really do the trick? Was anyone in the same situation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FrAnkX0r88 wrote:
Last session we had a big issue with one of the crystal fragments blocking the way. We needed to find specific items first but we were unlucky and died before solving it. I have the feeling that saving would have solve this situation by drawing new foggy crystal cards? Can this really do the trick? Was anyone in the same situation?

can't most of them just be removed if you don't have anything for them yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes.. As far as i know the one "blocking" a path entirely could be skipped and they will be "lost"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.