Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We were expecting a neighbor couple to stop by at any time so we chose a quick game to play which happened to be High Society. The first tile drawn was a red X2 card. Dustin won the tile with a sizeable bet. The next tile was a six which Deanna won. I then won, if you want to call it that, the thief card. I was able to make everyone lose at least $8 million with that one. I made the card disappear with a 2 card I bought later for $10 million. I think I came out ahead of that one, it’s hard to tell. The next doubler card was won by Deanna who took the lead with 12 points. Dustin ended up eventually winning an 8 card to take the lead from her with 16. Both of them were spending a lot of money so it was one or the other who would come in last. George ended up winning the 10 card and a 3 card for 13. I managed to recover from my theft to win enough cards to earn 9 points. The fun part of the game was watching Jim. He took the –5 card after winning the 1 card. He then took the ½ card which actually improved his score from –4 to –2. He did later buy the 9 card and a 4 card to end up with 4 points.

It turned out to be Deanna who had the least amount of money, but not by much. I, of course, was left with a considerable amount more than the last place amount. I should have spent more to get another card but that’s hindsight. Luckily this game is so short. The reception was luke-warm after the fun we had with Royal Turf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.