Hide
6 Posts

RAF: The Battle of Britain 1940» Forums » General

Subject: Recommendation for two players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel Enrique Escribano
msg tools
Do you recommend this game for two players? What are the pros cons? Does it work better as solitare game? Is it very mechanic for two players? Or is a certian level of Decision for player?

Is there Any translation of the rules for two players in Spanish? May you provide it?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
badge
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb

This really is a Solo game by design.

I would not recommend it for two players myself, as the non-active player actions (ie Germans in "Lion", British in "Eagle") are driven by the card draws only - so at least two-thirds of the game would be unplayable for you.

Of course, there is a two-player option included in the box, but I wouldn't buy it just for that personally. However, I am sure that others might not agree with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Infante
msg tools
Estimado Miguel

Acá mismo en la sección files encontraras la traducción de realizo Felipe (por error aparece en la sección Inglés) Esta muy buena. También en la BSK encontrarás buenas reseñas.

Yo lo he jugado en solitario y me parece muy bueno. Hay otras alternativas para dos jugadores pero más difíciles, The Burning Blue es una de ellas pero complejidad nivel 8 de 10. En esos casos se me hace difícil encontrar a un amigo dispuesto a jugar

Puedes tratar con Battle over Britain, me parece qué hay una versión en español

Un abrazo y buena suerte

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Butterfield
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
RAF includes a complete two-player game, with its own rule book. The British and German players make all their own decisions. There are no automated decisions by the game system in the two-player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
badge
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnButterfield wrote:
RAF includes a complete two-player game, with its own rule book. The British and German players make all their own decisions. There are no automated decisions by the game system in the two-player game.

John, I wasn't saying that the two player game was bad or non exist - rather that the OP asked if it was primarily a solo game, which with two solo games in the box, it seems to me to be more solitaire than multi player by design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Larsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing the two player game (as either side) was a really great wargaming experience to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.