Popular Tags: [View All]
Jaffa Brown
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I own the original game, and love it. I didn't know this expansion existed until SUASD did a review of it - but I am always weary of their reviews.

So I need honest views of how much this adds or improves the game. The game is fun as it is - nice, simple, manic and not over complex. I get that the ideas of dwarfs, fighters etc are not very strong in the game and my understanding is this expansion looks to expand that fantasy option - but I don't want to make the game too complex.

What are others opinions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Korei
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
I treasure real-time strategy above all dissimilar things within the entertainment sector
badge
A data addict who you are likely to encounter on this site, especially if you are reading this message.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I'd say that the content in the expansion is not strictly necessary until you finish the base game. However, the tokens might help you out (e.g. swap roles between two players)

- Korei Khan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spavanko
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I dont care for any further expansion. Not until they come out with Android/iOS App sound timer which they promised long time ago (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1837455/magic-maze-androidi...)...
The atmosphere when playing this game in silence is just too weird...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Baginski
Germany
49074 Osnabrück
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the "gamer upgrade" for magic maze, higly recommended if you want more decisions in the game!

lavov wrote:
I dont care for any further expansion. Not until they come out with Android/iOS App sound timer which they promised long time ago (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1837455/magic-maze-androidi...)...
The atmosphere when playing this game in silence is just too weird...

Funny how different we all are. We greatly enjoy the silence and different atmosphere. Also we don't see any need for sound/digital timer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
It adds more options, many of which allow the game to be easier. I like the idea of playing through permutations. I'd really love a developed point system where you add points as you add in easier pieces and subtract them as you add tiles and/or more restrictions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.