Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Albert Wesker
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1- How many times per turn can a player ability be used? In certain situations you may have enough aether to buy enough charges to use it a second time.

2- Does getting the final charge for your ability auto trigger that ability or can you have all the charges maxed out on that character and wait and use it on another turn?

3- My understanding is you can never discard, so if you do not play a card in your main phase, that card is saved and goes into the next turn. Say you did not use 2 cards, in the draw phase you would draw 3 cards.

4- The answer is most likely to be yes, but to make sure, once you draw back up to 5 cards, can you look at these cards while the other player starts their turn?

That is all the questions I have for now. But will be playing another game or two today so will add more questions here if they come up. Thank you in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 - I don't believe there is a limit. Impressive if you could pull it off twice in a turn!

2 - You choose when to use the ability. It doesn't happen automatically.

3 - You can effectively discard by using gems to get ether that you don't actually spend on anything. Althought that's really only useful to get rid of a single Crystal or you'd otherwise be buying a charge! But you are right in that you only draw back to 5 cards no matter how many you are left with at the end of your turn.

4 - Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The only restriction is your ability to pay charges and the timing described under your ability.

2. No. Triggering your ability is your choice alone. You can keep your charges. But it's a risk as some abilities will force you to discard them.

3. You draw up to five cards. If you have kept 4 cards you draw only 1 card. Remember that you can play cards that generate aether and choose not to spend that aether (relics and gems).

4. You can look at cards in your hand at all times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Wesker
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you guys.

xemxi wrote:
1 - I don't believe there is a limit. Impressive if you could pull it off twice in a turn!

Should not be too hard if you have all your charges, you use it, then you have enough gems to buy 4 charges needed for Mazahaedron to trigger it a second time all on one turn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xemxi wrote:

Depending on the number of players and who you're playing and what's available in the market it ain't that hard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
Depending on the number of players and who you're playing and what's available in the market it ain't that hard

Wesker wrote:
Should not be too hard if you have all your charges, you use it, then you have enough gems to buy 4 charges needed for Mazahaedron to trigger it a second time all on one turn

Yeah, it's not really that hard!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Wesker
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing against Hollow Crown at the moment. Got a question on the card Infernal Domain. If I am not able to discard it, which I was not, it seems the effects are a bit OP.

Up until this point there is always 2 Acolyte's out at once. But with this card you end up with 3 or 4 out at once (in my case 4). The card asks all 4 to hit me at once which can do a lot of damage!

I assume there are more cards that will come out that will say all Acolyte's to attack at once and as far as I can see there is no way of dropping down the number of Acolyte's in play as once you kill one it gets replaced. So I am left wondering if I have missed something? As the punishment for not having the aether ready changes game difficulty more than other cards I have seen thus far.

Really enjoying this Nemesis by the way and I do like the challenge, but from what I can see there is a big difference in difficulty from Umbra Titan to Hollow Crown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wesker wrote:
Playing against Hollow Crown at the moment. Got a question on the card Infernal Domain. If I am not able to discard it, which I was not, it seems the effects are a bit OP.

Up until this point there is always 2 Acolyte's out at once. But with this card you end up with 3 or 4 out at once (in my case 4). The card asks all 4 to hit me at once which can do a lot of damage!

I assume there are more cards that will come out that will say all Acolyte's to attack at once and as far as I can see there is no way of dropping down the number of Acolyte's in play as once you kill one it gets replaced. So I am left wondering if I have missed something? As the punishment for not having the aether ready changes game difficulty more than other cards I have seen thus far.

Really enjoying this Nemesis by the way and I do like the challenge, but from what I can see there is a big difference in difficulty from Umbra Titan to Hollow Crown.

4 at the same time? I often have 3 but I'm surprised you have 4. How did it happen?
Anywayz, there aren't that many effects that make them all hit. Mostly her Increased Difficulty. I'll fan through the cards but I only remember one card doing that, and one putting one more acolyte out.

Congrats on interpreting that you can't reduce the number by the way. The only way to do that is to deplete the Acolyte deck, which is hard!

EDIT: okay there are actually four cards that do that, three of which are unavoidable.
But still only one that puts a new acolyte in play, one that shuffles an acolyte back before forcing you to draw one, and one that shuffles two from the discard back in the deck but doesn't make you draw one. You should only have 3 max in play at any time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Wesker
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
Wesker wrote:

4 at the same time? I often have 3 but I'm surprised you have 4. How did it happen?
Anywayz, there aren't that many effects that make them all hit. Mostly her Increased Difficulty. I'll fan through the cards but I only remember one card doing that, and one putting one more acolyte out.

Congrats on interpreting that you can't reduce the number by the way. The only way to do that is to deplete the Acolyte deck, which is hard!

Infernal Domain card has a power of 2, so it can be used twice before being discarded; each time an additional Acolyte coming out. So essentially first time you get hit by 3 Acolyte's and the second time by 4.

Good to know there are not many effects that make them all hit at once or it means I have lost this game for sure. My fault for trying new hero's and a new Nemesis at the same time. I would have fared better if I stuck to my original one's which I was doing very well with.

Do any of the mini expansions have or the main game come with Nemesis's that bring out more minions? Really like fighting minions

Here is what the card says by the way:

INFERNAL DOMAIN

TO DISCARD: Spend 8 Aether.

POWER 2: Draw an acolyte. Resolve the Blood Magic effect of each acolyte in play without those acolytes suffering damage from their Blood Magic effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Wesker
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
one that shuffles an acolyte back before forcing you to draw one.

Yeah. That one got me good. I was saving 1HP on an Acolyte to use Quillius to kill her to gain a trophy token and that pops out! Lol. I was annoyed and loved that it happened at the same time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Wesker
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty much lost this game now. This was much harder than Magus of Cloaks which is rated a difficulty of 7 vs Hollow Crowns 5. This makes me feel like I could be doing something wrong, or I just need to go back, pick correct hero's and have a better strategy. Thus far I have just been playing along and my gameplay evolving to meet the demands of the game, not much thought has been put in before starting.

I have a question for two cards from Hallow Crown.

1.Reign - Resolve the Blood Magic effect of the acolyte with the most life. That acolyte suffers 6 Damage.

Unleash twice.

I understand this as me taking damage 3 times. Once from the effect described, then an additional 2 times from the Unleash twice.

2. Ascend - Unleash.

The acolyte with the lowest life gains 10 life. Resolve that acolyte's Blood Magic effect.

This I understand as talking damage two times. One from the unleash and then another from the acolyte that gains the 10 life, which by the way is 8 life until it reaches the max life it started with right? So if it is 11HP and was at 4 when the Ascend Attack card comes out, the acolyte foes back to 11HP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wesker wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
Wesker wrote:

Infernal Domain card has a power of 2, so it can be used twice before being discarded; each time an additional Acolyte coming out. So essentially first time you get hit by 3 Acolyte's and the second time by 4.

Good to know there are not many effects that make them all hit at once or it means I have lost this game for sure. My fault for trying new hero's and a new Nemesis at the same time. I would have fared better if I stuck to my original one's which I was doing very well with.

Do any of the mini expansions have or the main game come with Nemesis's that bring out more minions? Really like fighting minions

Erm. Sorry to be that guy but:

Power cards only trigger when the last token is removed from them. Otherwise they sit there and do nothing.

Wesker wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:

Yeah. That one got me good. I was saving 1HP on an Acolyte to use Quillius to kill her to gain a trophy token and that pops out! Lol. I was annoyed and loved that it happened at the same time

Erm, sorry to be that guy, but Extinguish only works on minions from the Nemesis deck. Acolytes are from the acolyte deck. No trophy for you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wesker wrote:
Pretty much lost this game now. This was much harder than Magus of Cloaks which is rated a difficulty of 7 vs Hollow Crowns 5. This makes me feel like I could be doing something wrong, or I just need to go back, pick correct hero's and have a better strategy. Thus far I have just been playing along and my gameplay evolving to meet the demands of the game, not much thought has been put in before starting.

1.Reign - Resolve the Blood Magic effect of the acolyte with the most life. That acolyte suffers 6 Damage.

Unleash twice.

I understand this as me taking damage 3 times. Once from the effect described, then an additional 2 times from the Unleash twice.

2. Ascend - Unleash.

The acolyte with the lowest life gains 10 life. Resolve that acolyte's Blood Magic effect.

This I understand as talking damage two times. One from the unleash and then another from the acolyte that gains the 10 life, which by the way is 8 life until it reaches the max life it started with right? So if it is 11HP and was at 4 when the Ascend Attack card comes out, the acolyte foes back to 11HP.

Unleash resolves the effect of an acolyte, and each acolyte has a different effect, so what you'll suffer will depend on which acolyte has the requisite life at the moment the card triggers

Infernal domain will basically resolve the ability three times and ascend will resolve the acolyte's ability once and heal it to full hp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Wesker
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
Wesker wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
Wesker wrote:

Erm. Sorry to be that guy but:

Power cards only trigger when the last token is removed from them. Otherwise they sit there and do nothing.

Wesker wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:

Erm, sorry to be that guy, but Extinguish only works on minions from the Nemesis deck. Acolytes are from the acolyte deck. No trophy for you

Haha. I knew I was doing something wrong. I do not know why this slipped by me as I did it correct yesterday when playing Mogus of Cloaks as it was the Power Tokens running out that triggered his effect that killed me! modest

As for the Extinguish. You are right. I need to pay more attention when reading. I got carried away and at a glance thought it was any minion.

Well at least I know I should not get too comfortable with this game and pay more attention when reading as I just missed two things.

Really appreciate you helping me out and pointing them out. Now I can start again and stand a chance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Wesker
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
Wesker wrote:

Unleash twice.

2. Ascend - Unleash.

Unleash resolves the effect of an acolyte, and each acolyte has a different effect, so what you'll suffer will depend on which acolyte has the requisite life at the moment the card triggers

Infernal domain will basically resolve the ability three times and ascend will resolve the acolyte's ability once and heal it to full hp.

Okay. So I was doing these wrong too. Making the game much harder than it should be? As I did the unleash separately. Essentially it is saying do an Unleash but using xxx rules. Rather than do an unleash and xxx.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wesker wrote:
Haha. I knew I was doing something wrong. I do not know why this slipped by me as I did it correct yesterday when playing Mogus of Cloaks as it was the Power Tokens running out that triggered his effect that killed me! modest

As for the Extinguish. You are right. I need to pay more attention when reading. I got carried away and at a glance thought it was any minion.

Well at least I know I should not get too comfortable with this game and pay more attention when reading as I just missed two things.

Really appreciate you helping me out and pointing them out. Now I can start again and stand a chance!

No problem, I'm still doing the same after 160 plays (except I know the turn and exhaustion sequence by heart now) Remember: reading is OP!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wesker wrote:
Okay. So I was doing these wrong too. Making the game much harder than it should be? As I did the unleash separately. Essentially it is saying do an Unleash but using xxx rules. Rather than do an unleash and xxx.

I don't remember Unleash but it might trigger different acolytes if they damage themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Wesker
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
Wesker wrote:

I don't remember Unleash but it might trigger different acolytes if they damage themselves.

Just so I understand fully. What would you do for this card:

Reign - Resolve the Blood Magic effect of the acolyte with the most life. That acolyte suffers 6 Damage.

Unleash twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
For an "Unleash Twice", you should fully resolve one unleash before moving on to the next. This means that if you have two acolytes with the same HP, or if one acolyte loses HP as a result of the first unleash, you can end up triggering two different Blood Magic effects.

With Reign, this means that:

1. Trigger the blood magic of the acolyte with the most HP, then reduce that acolyte's HP.
2. Trigger the normal unleash based on updated HP totals.
3. Trigger the normal unleash based on updated HP totals again.

I don't remember each acolyte's ability, but theoretically, if you had the following:

Acolyte A: 11 HP. Blood Magic: Do Nothing.
Acolyte B: 8 HP: Blood Magic: Deal Acolyte B 3 damage.

Reign would do the following:

Trigger 1: Acolyte A has the highest life, so its Blood Magic triggers. After the Blood Magic effect resolves, Acolyte A is reduced to 5 HP.
Acolyte A: 5 HP
Acolyte B: 8 HP
Trigger 2 (Unleash): Acolyte B has the highest life, so its blood magic triggers. As a result, Acolyte B's HP is reduced to 5.
Acolyte B: 5 HP
Trigger 3 (Unleash): The Acolytes are now tied for health. In case of a tie, players choose, so either acolyte could now trigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Wesker
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ruduen wrote:
For an "Unleash Twice", you should fully resolve one unleash before moving on to the next. This means that if you have two acolytes with the same HP, or if one acolyte loses HP as a result of the first unleash, you can end up triggering two different Blood Magic effects.

With Reign, this means that:

1. Trigger the blood magic of the acolyte with the most HP, then reduce that acolyte's HP.
2. Trigger the normal unleash based on updated HP totals.
3. Trigger the normal unleash based on updated HP totals again.

I don't remember each acolyte's ability, but theoretically, if you had the following:

Acolyte A: 11 HP. Blood Magic: Do Nothing.
Acolyte B: 8 HP: Blood Magic: Deal Acolyte B 3 damage.

Reign would do the following:

Trigger 1: Acolyte A has the highest life, so its Blood Magic triggers. After the Blood Magic effect resolves, Acolyte A is reduced to 5 HP.
Acolyte B: 8 HP
Trigger 2 (Unleash): Acolyte B has the highest life, so its blood magic triggers. As a result, Acolyte B's HP is reduced to 5.
Acolyte B: 5 HP
Trigger 3 (Unleash): The Acolytes are now tied for health. In case of a tie, players choose, so either acolyte could now trigger.

Cool. So I was right on this one. That is what I did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Edwards
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Unless I'm remembering wrong, the Acolytes are minions. The problem is, Extinguish specifies that it must be a Minion from the Nemesis deck.

With things from other Aeon's End sets, the distinction matters in various ways. Carapace Queen has minions that are tokens rather than cards, for example. Abilities that target minions can hit every kind of minion, as long as there aren't additional caveats like the one on Extinguish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Acolytes, Troggs and husks are minions.

Acolytes and Troggs are minions cards, husks are not.

None of them are minions from the Nemesis deck (except one specific Trogg). But Bane Sire, Labyrinth Wisp and Jagged Ones are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Wesker
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally managed to get around to having another game and taking on Hollow Crown again. This time with a fresh mind that took on board all the info you good people provided here. The result? I beat him and now that I know what I am doing a bit more I agree with his rating.

This time I chose Ulgimor and Dezmodia. The game started off hard and by the time I was one third through the Ulgimor was down and exhausted. I actually thought I had lost at that stage, but things slowly improved as I optimised my hand and used Ulgimor to keep healing Dezmodia. Once I got the upgraded sigil breach’s out slowly the game got easier and easier. The last few rounds were super easy by the end as my hand was super opimised by then. This time I only had to deal with two Acolytes also which made it easier

Looking back to the silly mistakes made a few days ago, I can say it was nothing to do with the rulebook. I was just tired and my mind was just shot after learning and playing so much in one sitting which I could not help due to enjoying the game so much

The rulebook is definitely one of the better one's I have seen. My only small complaint would be the extra sheet that comes with the game which guides you how to setup your first game. It had cards and hero’s on it that are not in this one. When it gave examples of how to setup things, it was a little confusing as a result. Not sure if this was a packaging mistake or they just did not want to update the sheet for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Wesker wrote:
My only small complaint would be the extra sheet that comes with the game which guides you how to setup your first game. It had cards and hero’s on it that are not in this one. When it gave examples of how to setup things, it was a little confusing as a result. Not sure if this was a packaging mistake or they just did not want to update the sheet for this game.

That was a packaging mistake. WE should have come with a one sheet for Umbra Titan and the WE mages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Wesker
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wpflug13 wrote:
Wesker wrote:
My only small complaint would be the extra sheet that comes with the game which guides you how to setup your first game. It had cards and hero’s on it that are not in this one. When it gave examples of how to setup things, it was a little confusing as a result. Not sure if this was a packaging mistake or they just did not want to update the sheet for this game.

That was a packaging mistake. WE should have come with a one sheet for Umbra Titan and the WE mages.

Yeah. Makes sense. Oh well, all is forgiven. The game is too damned good. If I continue enjoying it by the time Legacy arrives, I am going to change my rating to from 9 to 9.5

Just had a look at The Outer Dark and I think I will be picking that up for sure. Speaking of the outer dark, my nemesis life tracker has the picture of the one on the front cover of that expansion. Is that a way of Kevin cheekily trying to get us to buy the outer dark? If so, it work
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.