Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For our final game we played Edel, Stein and Reich. Deanna immediately became the ruby queen by hoarding lots of red gems. I started in on the blue and green and managed to gather lots of them. Dustin finally won the yellow gems after a hard fought battle. Dustin had a scoring card that gave him $1 million for every yellow gem he had and another scoring card that gave him +$8 million for each sole majority. Dustin was ahead after the first scoring round followed closely by Deanna and then I was in third. I had enough green gems that I still had majority in them even after reducing my total to ½ of what I had.

I kept up my interest in blue and green gems, using the yellow and red to barter for them. Deanna used most of the gems she had left to barter for money. Dustin managed to gather two certificates which was enough to keep Jim and George in second place with only one certificate each. After the second round I took a small lead over Deanna by virtue of scoring both blue and green and having a scoring card that gave me $1 million for every blue gem.

Deanna and I had the same thoughts going into the third round, get money. I still had a good bit of blue and green gems but was running low on yellow and red. I was hesitant to use my blue and green to barter so I gave Deanna the first money, a whopping $7 million, for too little. I knew that would come back to haunt me. This left her with very little gems though. I used the free choice action a lot in the third round because I could tell other people had better things to do. This allowed me to continue to build up blue and green. Towards the end of the game the gem supply was drying up but the certificates were coming out in force. Deanna and I ended up haggling over money again while the other three fought for certificates or used a free action. Deanna only had two gems so I offered her three blue gems, which wouldn’t help her at all, so that she was forced to accept the offer. Unfortunately I only got $4 million for it.

The final scoring saw Deanna win the game because of all of the money she was getting. She beat me by $2 million. I should have made her pay more for that earlier money. Again that’s hindsight. We all enjoyed this game a lot more than High Society, especially Deanna who always feels outclassed when she plays with the gaming group. She was ecstatic that she won and I’m glad that she won too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.