Billy Babel
United States
Guymon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I’ve been super interested in this game for a while has there been some news regarding it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Halowell

Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a reprint is in the works:

ThomasDN wrote:
https://youtu.be/oIGb0UPkPL8?t=970
at 16:10.

Exciting news!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitrios Giannakis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It’s been hinted that a reprint is in the works!
*ninjaed* ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas -
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Vasel had it as his number one sci-fi game.
https://youtu.be/GXNWVa_NdKA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen Knoblaugh
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rahdo mentioned it as his #2 in his Top 10 sci-fi games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael S
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit..."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah Tom also mentioned in his list that it could get a reprint but "couldnt say anymore" similar type comments to the ones Rahdo made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly its probably at least two years out from hitting actual market if we haven't heard any official announcements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas -
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? They don't need to do much design-wise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
Sadly its probably at least two years out from hitting actual market if we haven't heard any official announcements.

Because the game is essentially done, and because I think Vasel may be directly involved (Arcane Wonders), my gut says it'll be released by the end of the year.

They could completely redesign the minis and tiles and such as well, though. If that's the case, you may be right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Girard
United States
Morrisonville
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Want it. Take my money....TAKE IT!

If it is CMON I will poop the pants with all the excitement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I KS'ed the original Artipia release and the expansions. It's a Good game (possibly even Very Good, depending on your preferences), but I don't think it warrants the exceptional ratings that Tom and Rhado have awarded it.

I felt the two biggest problems with the original were some ergonomic issues (poor color choices, difficulty differentiating the sculpts of some of the aliens from one another, protruding bits on some of the figures that made it easy to accidentally knock them over during play, etc...) and the clumsily written rules and cards (likely because the originals were drafted by non-native English speakers -- don't get me wrong, they were adequate and addressed most aspects of play, but they're less intuitively worded than they could have been). Given the fairly steep buy-in price, I'm fairly certain that I wouldn't purchase a re-issue, even if these issues were fixed and/or there was new content added.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also KS’ed the original Artipia release and think the game’s every bit as good as Rahdo and Tom!

Minis suck but you really don’t care when you’re frantically trying to survive while also meeting your objectives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
Whiskeybane wrote:

In a good way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lorence Syfargo
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Highland Cow wrote:
Whiskeybane wrote:

In a good way?

How will pooping in the pants be good in any way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Dominguez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
It's my 9 yr old son's favorite game and even enjoyed by my 74 yr old father. Minis quality is not great, but you are usually frantically tossing them off the board anyhow, so you don't want anything too delicate. It's not a relaxing game though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaldo Horta Jr
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirk Agathon wrote:
Dormammu wrote:

Because the game is essentially done, and because I think Vasel may be directly involved (Arcane Wonders), my gut says it'll be released by the end of the year.

They could completely redesign the minis and tiles and such as well, though. If that's the case, you may be right.

Vasel has already said in the past that Arcane Wonders passed on this because of their lack of experience with minis. Now, if CMON gets involved....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirk Agathon wrote:
Dormammu wrote:

I don’t think this game would go to market with the existing minis, which were a huge PR nightmare and probably why the game was immediately OOP following delivery of the KS.

So we are talking about a full new set of minis and that mean it will probably go through Kickstarter again unless FFG is making it. Minis games take a long time to make.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank QB
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
Kirk Agathon wrote:
Dormammu wrote:

I don’t think this game would go to market with the existing minis, which were a huge PR nightmare and probably why the game was immediately OOP following delivery of the KS.

So we are talking about a full new set of minis and that mean it will probably go through Kickstarter again unless FFG is making it. Minis games take a long time to make.

Well what are the options?

FFG
CMON

Anyone else really adept at minis?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaldo Horta Jr
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frankqb wrote:
Dormammu wrote:
Kirk Agathon wrote:
Dormammu wrote:

Well what are the options?

FFG
CMON

Anyone else really adept at minis?

Monolith?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CMON were king of the minis hill a few short years back but those days are gone. We now have plenty of KS creators making great PVC minis. Some that come to mind are:

Peterson Games (Cthulu Wars, Orcs Must Die, Planet Apocalypse (wow))
Monolith (Conan, Mythic Battles Pantheon, Batman)
Ludus Magnus Studios (Nova Aetas, Sine Tempore)
Steamforged Games (Dark Souls)
Megacon Games (Myth, Banner Saga)
SodaPop Games (SDE2, Ninja All-Stars)

Plenty more I can’t recall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Girard
United States
Morrisonville
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well illustrated Standees will do for me.

I am in it for game play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Letourneau
Canada
St-Lambert
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually don't get all the flak about the minis. For the kind of game they are perfectly well adapted. Chunky, hefty and very solid, which they need to be because they are going to get tossed around like crazy. Given how much abuse they get in the game, I don't see why someone would paint these. The biggest mistake they could make in a new edition is making "standard" minis, and not take into consideration the abuse they are going to take...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ball
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Just a few observation to your list:

Ludus Magnus still havn't delivered Wave 2 of their first game (Nova Aetas), their second game (Sine Tempore) is getting delayed by the Nova overrun, and as yet its unclear how long the delay will be. And they are imminently launching a third kickstarter for their next title - Black Rose.
Now don't get me wrong, they are a great (if small) company, their games are really good with some well thought out mechanics, their figure quality is amazing, and their support is good as well.
But I just think they have ruled themselves off the list because, they are already very busy and if they do launch the 3rd kickstarter they will have their hands full for the next few years at least.

Unlike Ludus Magnus (who I do like), SodaPop are the other side of the coin. Their SDE2 kickstarter is a total road crash. Not only are they very late, but they refuse to announce ANY delivery dates at all, despite claiming that the majority of the product is "just" awaiting production. Even when they do announce a date, most backers don't know what are will be receiving because SodaPop have change what was proposed in the kickstarter so much. Their communications just refuse to face up to the reality of the situation and the backlash is such that I personally do not think they will ever be able to run another successful kickstarter again. That's not to mention the perceived cash issues which may well lay at the heart of all their problems. Despite until recently offering refunds to backers, anyone who actually asked for a refund got a nice confirmation email but then are never actual refunded.
So all in all SodaPop should also not be in this list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank QB
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So that leaves:
FFG
CMON
Monolith
Steamforged
Peterson
Megacon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ToneDeaf wrote:
Just a few observation to your list:

<SNIP>

So all in all SodaPop should also not be in this list.

Ok, so if you read what I was responding to, it was “Anyone adept at making minis?”, as opposed to “who do you think is doing the PE reprinu?”.

I suppose the question was asked in the context of finding a PE suitor, so to clarify my reply was just to point out that there’s tons of creators that are doing high quality minis these days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.