Subject: Good Source of Blank Boxes? (and related questions) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John G.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm starting on a project of condensing some of my games which are currently spread out over multiple small boxes into a single larger box. I'm wondering, do people know of a good supplier of pre-made, blank board game boxes?

Ideally, I'd like to find boxes that are very similar in size and design to those games like Imperial Settlers and Dominion come in. Rightly or wrongly, for my storage purposes, I think of this as "standard size". I can find nice boxes at local hobby stores, but the lids fit differently than on game boxes. I'd also prefer they be a dark color like black or dark blue. Anybody have a favorite source for such things?

(The solid color is to sidestep the need to decorate all surfaces of the box. Alternatively, I do have a stash of Dominion boxes which are no longer needed. Is there a good way to redecorate all sides of a box and leave it looking sharp?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to try the wrapping part of this tutorial TUTORIAL: Two-Piece Chipboard Bit Boxes for Board Games using the gift wrap paper of your choice on the old Dominion boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jos horst
Netherlands
groningen
groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theGardener wrote:
I'm starting on a project of condensing some of my games which are currently spread out over multiple small boxes into a single larger box. I'm wondering, do people know of a good supplier of pre-made, blank board game boxes?

Ideally, I'd like to find boxes that are very similar in size and design to those games like Imperial Settlers and Dominion come in. Rightly or wrongly, for my storage purposes, I think of this as "standard size".

It is a de facto standard.
(BGG says 'Size: Medium Square (e.g. Ticket to Ride) · 11.70 x 11.70 x 2.80 inches or 29.7 x 29.7 x 7.1 cm').

When you start repackaging you could downsize, and use your leftovers for games + expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooh! I have a similar problem of reusing old boxes and then forgetting what is now in them, but you just triggered a brainstorm.

I bet I can print on a couple sheets of cardstock and then cut them to size with extra for overlap, fold, and glue them together and make custom box sleeves! Gonna try it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.