Hide
9 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » News

Subject: The Eternal Slumber - Next Gen-Con Scenario Confirmed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Turner
msg tools
Event registration closes at the listed event time. Participants will be free to form their own groups to play through the scenario, there will be support staff on hand to help put people into groups. The special Gen Con scenario deck "The Eternal Slumber" will be provided to each participant. Something strange is happening in Cairo, Egypt. Seemingly random victims all throughout the city have fallen into comas, leaving doctors baffled. When Jessie Burke comes to you desperate for help, you find yourself obligated to assist, even though you may never again wake from a night of sleep. In this special event scenario for Arkham Horror: The Card Game, 1–4 investigators must search throughout Cairo and the ruins of ancient Egypt in order to find a way to lift this curse… and in the process, unveil a sinister machination between two forces far beyond our comprehension.

https://www.gencon.com/events/129372

Surprised no one posted this yet. Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Bühler
Switzerland
flag msg tools
Nice that we're seeing a bit of Egypt.

The name at first made me hope that we'd get a Dreamlands scenario. Because I always thought a dreamlands scenario would ideally fit into almost any campaign as a side adventure.

Oh,well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Thompson
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like they only have games as 9/10AM and 4PM, so those of us who are working in the Exhibit Hall will not have a chance at this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driss
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eldan985 wrote:
Nice that we're seeing a bit of Egypt.

The name at first made me hope that we'd get a Dreamlands scenario. Because I always thought a dreamlands scenario would ideally fit into almost any campaign as a side adventure.

Oh,well.

My hope is we have an entire cycle set in the Dreamlands and/or Egypt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panagiotis
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
One who fully grasps Bayes' Theorem, yet remains in our universe to aid others, is known as a Bayesattva.
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess I'm going to Gencon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Haskell
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I’d be more excited if they’d finally release Labyrinths of Lunacy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Olympia
WA
flag msg tools
Thou art I... Thou hast acquired a new vow.
badge
With the birth of the BOARD GAMES Persona, you have obtained the winds of blessing that shall lead to freedom and new power.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to it, but a little disappointed it's not another Epic Multiplayer scenario like Labyrinths of Lunacy was. Egypt should be fun though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hamish Buchanan
msg tools
Sassycat wrote:
Looking forward to it, but a little disappointed it's not another Epic Multiplayer scenario like Labyrinths of Lunacy was. Egypt should be fun though!

On the contrary, I’m looking forward to another scenario that can actually be incorporated into a campaign. Which hopefully this is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Greatsageishere wrote:
Sassycat wrote:

On the contrary, I’m looking forward to another scenario that can actually be incorporated into a campaign. Which hopefully this is.

Agreed.

The only regret I have is that I'll likely have to wait for Arkham Nights before I get a chance to play it (so October)....that's assuming they also do a copy for Arkham Nights like they have the past events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.