Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am on a card. The card NE of me put an exploration card to the north of me. However, the card I am standing on doesn't have an exploration symbol with card number going that direction. Does this mean that I cannot pathfind this direction? (Picture under spoiler tag.)

(I was hoping to get this card explored from a card that was cheaper to move off from. )

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I want to go North

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob McArthur
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That’s right. You can’t go that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kreutzer
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can. Note the golden arrow pointing your way. The arrow means that the action on the exploration card is available on each map tile the arrows are facing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtiss Cox
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
robmcarthur2001 wrote:

Sorry, but you are incorrect.

Now that the Exploration card points to card below it, the action is available from that direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJM
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
CheddarLimbo wrote:
robmcarthur2001 wrote:

Sorry, but you are incorrect.

Now that the Exploration card points to card below it, the action is available from that direction.

Confirmed by Bruno here:

https://the7thcontinent.seriouspoulp.com/en/forum/topic/577/...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that the OP is getting a few other rules mixed up too.

Here's what you need to know:

1: You do not 'go' to exploration cards in order to explore them. The golden arrows show that the Pathfind action you can see on these cards is applied to every terrain card pointed to by the golden arrows. This means you can explore that card either from the terrain you are on, or on the snowfield. The cost is the same in both cases as you are doing the action written on the exploration card to flip it.

2: Exploring that card will not make you move either. It simply reveals the card. When the exploration card is removed in some way (it will either be discarded, banished, returned, or added to a player's hand), you add the terrain card or permanent event that was pointed to in one of the small yellow arrows. Even if it is terrain, you do not move there, you have just revealed it.

3: Thus, you could have explored it from the snowy tile while you were there earlier for the same cost. After it got revealed, you could decide whether you are moving to it or exploring elsewhere too. The 4-arrow movement icon which is the consequence of the movement action on many terrain cards allows you to move to any other connected terrain card. Note that you will only ever be on terrain cards in this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Note that the OP is getting a few other rules mixed up too.

Here's what you need to know:

1: You do not 'go' to exploration cards in order to explore them. The golden arrows show that the Pathfind action you can see on these cards is applied to every terrain card pointed to by the golden arrows. This means you can explore that card either from the terrain you are on, or on the snowfield. The cost is the same in both cases as you are doing the action written on the exploration card to flip it.

2: Exploring that card will not make you move either. It simply reveals the card. When the exploration card is removed in some way (it will either be discarded, banished, returned, or added to a player's hand), you add the terrain card or permanent event that was pointed to in one of the small yellow arrows. Even if it is terrain, you do not move there, you have just revealed it.

3: Thus, you could have explored it from the snowy tile while you were there earlier for the same cost. After it got revealed, you could decide whether you are moving to it or exploring elsewhere too. The 4-arrow movement icon which is the consequence of the movement action on many terrain cards allows you to move to any other connected terrain card. Note that you will only ever be on terrain cards in this game.

I'm familiar with items 2 and 3. I never was on the snowy card due to how expensive it was to move off of (it was revealed via pathfind). I knew what card 66 was from a previous session and wanted to get back to it, so moved from a card off camera to go around the snowy card. I'm aware that pathfind isn't a movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.