Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephane Nolet
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really glad to see that the Death Troopers will be introduced as new enemies. But Loth-cats? Wasn't there any other creature to introduce? I know it's thematic with the planet featured into the expansion but they could have chosen any other creature shown in the SW:Rebels episodes. Am I the only one who finds this a little weird?

Other than that, I'm super happy with the expansion and the upcoming blister packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
The spacesquids?

FFG picks whatever units make sense for the campaign included and skirmish. What other creatures would suit a Lothal campaign from seasons 1-3 of SW: Rebels?

Season 4 is too recent when you remember that in interviews the designers have said that the design cycle is about a year. Tyrants of Lothal could not include e.g. Lothwolves - even what we know now after season 4 they would not make much sense as a unit anyway due to having their own agendas - so not fitting for any affiliation, and fitting neutral even less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Nolet
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
The spacesquids?

FFG picks whatever units make sense for the campaign included and skirmish. What other creatures would suit a Lothal campaign from seasons 1-3 of SW: Rebels?

Season 4 is too recent when you remember that in interviews the designers have said that the design cycle is about a year. Tyrants of Lothal could not include e.g. Lothwolves - even what we know now after season 4 they would not make much sense as a unit anyway due to having their own agendas - so not fitting for any affiliation, and fitting neutral even less.

I understand what you are saying but nevertheless, they still feel a little underwhelming (I'm not talking about their eventual stats here). As far as I can remember, they were not portrayed as overtly aggressive in Rebels so I'm not sure how much sense it makes thematically.

But anyway, that's just a minor detail. I would have prefered something else, even if that choice wouldn't have been directly tied to Lothal, but I'll take whatever FFG publish for that game. I'm happy there's a new expansion, which kind of confirms that they're not done with IA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Arnold
msg tools
Wouldn't the spider looking things have worked? They showed up all the time in early Rebels. Even if they aren't native to Lothal they could be worked in, smuggling mission gone bad, Empire attempting to use them for some kind of Labor... We already have a big cat we didn't need a small one...

If anything the Loth-cats should be a companion for Ezra like the droid and the hacker character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Adams
msg tools
mb
I agree, Loth-Cats is really weird (might be as harmful as a fox in real life) and makes no sense that in Campaign missions the empire would be controlling them either since if they were more friendly to anyone it'd be the Rebels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noa

Oregon
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They can be vicious when they want to be apparently:

https://firerebelheart.deviantart.com/art/Loth-Cat-Attack-GI...

Also I usually never considered the creatures of the game to be directly under the control the of the Empire, in my head-canon they always just conveniently attack the less armored and probably stinkier rebels instead of my Imperial troops.

I'll admit, Loth cats weren't really my first choice either for a future troop option. I think a generic Inquisitor unit like from season 2 would have been way better, and would have been super easy to design. 6 points, 10 health, black die, 4 speed, R/G atk with surges for +1 or pierce 3, Force Jump and Relentless abilities, BAM, perfect little mini-boss character. Would have fit in perfectly with the force user theme of the wave.

BUT, I think the choice may have been influenced by wanting to give the Creature trait more love in skirmish, and I believe I heard a rumor that the World Champion designed a skirmish card in this box that was focused around creatures, so maybe they felt this was their only chance to introduce a multi-figure creature unit into the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.