DC Comics Deck-Building Game: Confrontations» Forums » Rules

Subject: Amnesty Bay and general Ongoing question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Riley

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
Amnesty Bay has you reveal the top 3 cards and draw the one with the lowest cost, discarding the others. What if there's a tie?

Also, are Ongoing cards mandatory unless they say "may"? It's easy to forget Ongoing cards, so I wasn't sure if they were supposed to be mandatory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DevoDog wrote:
Amnesty Bay has you reveal the top 3 cards and draw the one with the lowest cost, discarding the others. What if there's a tie?

I'm never going to find the rules reference (could be in any of the Cryptozoic deck-building forums), but I'm pretty sure player chooses if there's a tie.

Quote:
Also, are Ongoing cards mandatory unless they say "may"?

"Once per turn" effects are always optional: (do these always have 'may'? not sure)

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/archive/index.php/t-21376-p-2.h...

I suspect that, for everything else, it's mandatory unless there's a 'may'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wkover wrote:
I'm never going to find the rules reference (could be in any of the Cryptozoic deck-building forums), but I'm pretty sure player chooses if there's a tie.

Agreed. At least in this case (not certain about every card).
While there aren't a lot of similar examples to look at for precedent, I'd say Captain Boomerang(C3 Character) is a shining example of "pick one".

wkover wrote:
"Once per turn" effects are always optional: (do these always have 'may'? not sure)...
I suspect that, for everything else, it's mandatory unless there's a 'may'.

"Once per turn" do not always say may. The HU locations are a good example (they do say 'may' but not where it counts for this question).

The ones that do NOT use 'may' are generally always helpful effects, so it'd be a corner case where you wouldn't want to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Riley

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
grarrrg wrote:
The ones that do NOT use 'may' are generally always helpful effects, so it'd be a corner case where you wouldn't want to do it.

The big thing is wanting to have a discard pile or NOT wanting a discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.