Subject: More rules questions/clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Elizabeth Williams
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1) Does the damage caused when using a celerity potion increase with difficulty? (i.e. 5 damage on starter, 6 damage on easy?)

2) Regarding Oracle class/Shade race interaction: can the Oracle direct all the damage on the Shade, and then have the Shade turn around and use their racial ability to redirect all that damage at the enemy? ("Hey, we're about to take 10 damage each to 6 party members." "Nope. The enemy is about to take 60 damage.")

3) It's been asked in a lot of locations, so feel free to point me at an answer: which conditions last beyond combat? Curses? Burns?

3a) Related: When something will last for more rounds than combat (i.e. a Handy Potion is used on combat turn 1 and combat ends on turn 2) what happens? Does the effect persist until the next combat? Just vanish?

3b) Specific case: the Dryad's amulet can be used once every three combat turns: what's the best way to track this? If I use it in combat that only lasts 1 round, and go 3 more game turns before using it again, the "every 3 combat rounds" gets pretty difficult to track. I haven't had any combats go more than 3 rounds.

3c) Also related: can I use a Dryad's amulet to remove conditions (if they persist) outside of combat?

4) Finally, just an observation that probably has something to do with statistics: HEXploding dice seem to frequently result in either 24 or 27. In other words, when we HEXplode, we frequently get another HEX and keep re-rolling!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Potter
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
COBruins wrote:
1) Does the damage caused when using a celerity potion increase with difficulty? (i.e. 5 damage on starter, 6 damage on easy?)

2) Regarding Oracle class/Shade race interaction: can the Oracle direct all the damage on the Shade, and then have the Shade turn around and use their racial ability to redirect all that damage at the enemy? ("Hey, we're about to take 10 damage each to 6 party members." "Nope. The enemy is about to take 60 damage.")

3) It's been asked in a lot of locations, so feel free to point me at an answer: which conditions last beyond combat? Curses? Burns?

3a) Related: When something will last for more rounds than combat (i.e. a Handy Potion is used on combat turn 1 and combat ends on turn 2) what happens? Does the effect persist until the next combat? Just vanish?

3b) Specific case: the Dryad's amulet can be used once every three combat turns: what's the best way to track this? If I use it in combat that only lasts 1 round, and go 3 more game turns before using it again, the "every 3 combat rounds" gets pretty difficult to track. I haven't had any combats go more than 3 rounds.

3c) Also related: can I use a Dryad's amulet to remove conditions (if they persist) outside of combat?

4) Finally, just an observation that probably has something to do with statistics: HEXploding dice seem to frequently result in either 24 or 27. In other words, when we HEXplode, we frequently get another HEX and keep re-rolling!

I don't know the official answers but I'll try to help where I can:

1) Celerity potions just give you another action in combat. I'm probably not awake enough yet, but how would that relate to increased damage per difficulty level?

2) I think you're playing that correctly. Each hero must take one damage but the rest could be directed at the shade who could reflect. Nice combo!

3) We probably need an official answer for the ones that don't state 'until combat ends' (ie I don't know).

3a) I'll try to find it, but I thought I read it ends with combat. (I couldn't find it, so once again, I don't know).

3b) I use D4's to keep track afflictions. Those might also work for the amulet. Alternatively, you could use the trackers on the outside of the battle mat. Perhaps the new app will help with that.

3c) I haven't come across her amulet yet, so no clue.

4) Some of us don't have that kind of luck.

Not sure how much I've helped, but hopefully once they wrap up Forests they'll be able to start answering questions again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elizabeth Williams
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's always helpful!

1) The celerity potion does give the an additional action, but at the cost of health for the hero who uses it. That's why I'm asking if that damage also goes up as the difficulty increases.

3c) The Dryad's amulet can be purchased at (IIRC) Bezzelquark's.

Again, I appreciate the viewpoints! Hopefully we can get an official reading on the duration of conditions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.