Catacombs (third edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Quite a few questions after getting expansions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Noyb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Hello. I recently picked this game up with Cavern of Soloth and Wyverns of Wylemuir. We played the base game last night and loved it. I'm trying to add the expansions in now, but I have some questions.

1. The repeat shot uses the same icon as the roll shot. Was the roll shot replaced? If not, how do you tell what the icons mean?

2. One of the new lords as well as a monster (succubus) use runes. This is fine for the lord since their map has them. None of the other maps have runes though. How does the succubus operate in them?

3. There are a lot of changes to the heroes. Dwarf Miner can start with a new weapon. Chicken nor Centaur can ride Wyverns. Barbarian can use his battle axes while riding while everyone else has to use the Wyvern abilities. Plus tons more. None of this is on their rules cards. Are there updated cards so I can play without checking the instructions constantly?

4. The Thief new ability card has 2 symbols below her chains. I don't understand what they mean.

5. If the cube is out with Remorhaz, do they share a belly?

6. There are 2 different cards for Succubus and Goblin Fightet. I don't understand what the warrior version is for.

7. There are 4 new heroes in Wyverns, but none of them match my other heroes. Two say Aldioss Hero and 2 say Metozore hero. The Metozore match the odd green warrior cards. The instructions say the new heroes can be used, but they don't all have white discs. I don't understand.

8. 4 new heroes have a different symbol by their name. All of the Soloth heroes have the same symbol as the original heroes. What do the symbols mean?

I know I have a lot of questions. Thank you in advance for answering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Dorpmans
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1. If you look closely, it's not really the same so no, it was not replaced, but I can understand the confusion
2. I don't have the expansion yet but I think you can use those only on that specific map?
3. You can print it or, probably what I'm going to do once I have the expansion, ignore that rule and let everyone interact the same way with wyverns
4. 1 symbol is for Catacomb mode (rush -> crit melee -> rush) the other for Catacombs & Castles (rush -> melee -> rush). It's a skirmish version of the game with it's own separate box
5. I think so...? I honestly can't answer this
6. The warrior version is once again for Catacombs & Castles. It's kinda confusing cause Wyverns of Wylemuir is both a expansion for regular Catacombs as for Catacombs & Castles
7. They are black disks because once again C&C. They're still treated as heroes in regular Catacombs
8. And once more, C&C. They have 2 teams of heroes facing each other but in regular Catacombs they're still heroes

A lot of questions seem related to the problem that it's an expansion for 2 games. Maybe check the bgg page for C&C or check out the integration guide. Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.