Lifeform» Forums » General

Subject: Solo Variability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Birkai Qutuz
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed some comments from people interested in the solo mode about how much variety is there from game to game and about how to mitigate the threat. I figured I'd open up the floor to answers here:

1. Can people more experienced with the game let us know how much variability there is from game to game? Are the objectives always the same?

2. Is it inevitable that the alien will catch you and how much can you strategize about mitigating the threat?

Looking forward to more info!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
Saracen Knight wrote:
I noticed some comments from people interested in the solo mode about how much variety is there from game to game and about how to mitigate the threat. I figured I'd open up the floor to answers here:

1. Can people more experienced with the game let us know how much variability there is from game to game? Are the objectives always the same?

2. Is it inevitable that the alien will catch you and how much can you strategize about mitigating the threat?

Looking forward to more info!

1. yes, at the moment the Objectives are all the same.

2. Yes, it's pretty inevitable There are different ways you can adjust your play-style/strategy to deal with this, including which tracks you will focus on, how far down the self destruct tracker you are willing to risk going, which direction through the ship you decide to go, whether you chase down the special weapons and which ones you go for, how you use your survival tokens and heat analyser, whether you try to save cards like the Flamethrower to push the Lifeform back, or how often you are will to increase the Threat level or the odds of the Conflict cup. So, for sure, there is plenty of variability in your play-style. And of course, the randomness of the DECK cards (the order the play out) and the CREW cards (the cards you get to play with) is how the game delivers its variability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.