John Godwin
msg tools
mbmbmb
So I learned to make sure Bajor isn’t in the starting Planets.

Feds, Roms, Cardys, Ferengi.

Romulans kept having bad explorations, blowing up in a star and getting raided by pirates. The Ferengi made early contact with them, but they were only interested in limited trade.
The Ferengi and Cardys made a brisk trade network, which was good because the Cardys didn’t need leave enough overseers to mine production. (We house ruled that the homeworld always generates 1 production with a node, even if you don’t have any ships in orbit).
The federation discovered Bajor early, before the cardassian occupation. It became a huge cultural node, advancing the arts and sciences of the federation in leaps and bounds!
The feds kept exploring but ran into the Borg! The Cardys and the Ferengi started martialing fleets of ships to help while the Roms were in no position to do anything.
It turns out that we built up while delaying the Borg too much, and the feds were able to slowly creep up to a cultural victory. The cardy’s flew in and destroyed the Borg cube in one round (exactly 9 hits!)
We realized after that, that the feds had only 1 round until cultural victory and there was nothing we could do to stop them!
The Romulans destroyed a couple of Ferengi ships but besides that, there was no other combat!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John1701 wrote:
... (We house ruled that the homeworld always generates 1 production with a node, even if you don’t have any ships in orbit).

Pretty sure this is not per the rules or FAQ but nothing wrong with house-ruling it.

My one experience with the Borg was similar, we were so distracted that no one made much effort to actually confront the winning player. The thing about the Borg is that with proper delaying tactics they are actually somewhat of a slow building threat, especially if they don't come out early game. It's impressive how fast players can rocket to cultural victory even with Cubes on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcial
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
Good storytelling!
No so long and good informations.
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hansolo88 wrote:
John1701 wrote:
... (We house ruled that the homeworld always generates 1 production with a node, even if you don’t have any ships in orbit).

Pretty sure this is not per the rules or FAQ but nothing wrong with house-ruling it.

It was her first game and she had 0 ships and 0 production. I think it’s a decent rule but could effect the early game in their favor (since they have more actions but it’s balanced out with having 1 less starting ship if you can’t move it)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmbmb
Marcial wrote:
Good storytelling!
No so long and good informations.
Thanks

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.