Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fabio Scafa
Italy
Roma
Italy
flag msg tools
ciao all,

I just bought descent 2 to play coop via app.

I've a doubt, during a mission the app asked to deploy an elite (red) mob, ignoring group limit.

This mob, in 3 player campaign, has only elite, not "standard white" mob, so we deployed just the red one.

The problem is that, in monster phase, the app asked us also to activate standard white mob that we don't deployed.

Whats' wrong?

Thanks

Fabio

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Ignoring group limit" means you deploy all of the monsters in the group, regardless of how many players there are. You should have deployed the standard monster as well.

Even so, there will be times that the app asks you to activate elite monsters when there are none, and standard monsters when there are only elites. When that happens, just confirm that all actions are done and move on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forsetius
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I thought "ignoring group limits" meant to place the mentioned mobs it indicated; in this case ONLY the elite mob (otherwise it would just say "place the full group").

As to why it mentions both standard and elite: It always does this - I think the programmers cut some code corners. Just skip, if none of that type is on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lasse Kristensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
hooliganj wrote:
"Ignoring group limit" means you deploy all of the monsters in the group, regardless of how many players there are. You should have deployed the standard monster as well.

No. Ignoring group limits doesn't mean you deploy all of the monsters. It just means that you deploy the monster or amount of monsters mentioned without limiting them by group limits. Only if it says place the monster group, do you deploy them all and only disregard group limits if ordered to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jukka-Pekka Tuominen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmb
If you are instructed to place a monster ignoring group limits. It still might mean that you only place one monster. It is all about the wordings of the task. It does mean however that if you already are in the group limit (with 3-hero-game) you still place those monsters that are instructed.
To the latter part I can say that app always gives intructions on both tanned (minion) monsters and red (master) monsters. This is even when there was never a minion monster to begin with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sparks
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fabio, you deployed correctly.
'Ignore group limits' when deploying means if there was already an elite monster of that type on the board you would still deploy another one, you still only look at the 3 hero deployment listing. Another example is if the deployment group for your number of heroes is one elite and two regular enemies, and you have 1 regular enemy of that type already on the board, you would deploy an elite and a regular. If an elite was also already on the board you would still deploy a new elite. Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryann Turner
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if all monsters are already on the board and it asks to deploy more? Use proxies or remove some and replace?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Scafa
Italy
Roma
Italy
flag msg tools
spazz451 wrote:
Fabio, you deployed correctly.
'Ignore group limits' when deploying means if there was already an elite monster of that type on the board you would still deploy another one, you still only look at the 3 hero deployment listing. Another example is if the deployment group for your number of heroes is one elite and two regular enemies, and you have 1 regular enemy of that type already on the board, you would deploy an elite and a regular. If an elite was also already on the board you would still deploy a new elite. Hope that helps.

gotcha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jukka-Pekka Tuominen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmb
btizo wrote:
What happens if all monsters are already on the board and it asks to deploy more? Use proxies or remove some and replace?

I will just replace a figure from the map with a new one. It is up to the players to decide which one is replaced so you can make the game easier or more difficult regarding the choise.
As far as I know the game has a limited supply of figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sadgit
Germany
flag msg tools
Descent 2nd Edition Community Rules Reference Guide
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the game has a fixed plastic figure limit. If all figures are already on the board, none is placed. No proxies are used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jutuomin wrote:
If you are instructed to place a monster ignoring group limits. It still might mean that you only place one monster. It is all about the wordings of the task. It does mean however that if you already are in the group limit (with 3-hero-game) you still place those monsters that are instructed.
To the latter part I can say that app always gives intructions on both tanned (minion) monsters and red (master) monsters. This is even when there was never a minion monster to begin with.

Yes, this is correct. Sorry if I misread part of the question.

If the app says to place the elite monster ignoring group limits, it means you place the elite monster on the board, even if he's already on the board. This may mean moving the monster that was already on the board if there aren't any more of that monster in the box.

If the app says to place a group of monsters ignoring group limits, it means you place the entire group, even those that would normally be left out due to the number of heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Scafa
Italy
Roma
Italy
flag msg tools
if I understand well, "ignoring group limit" means that i need to deploy as many mob as the app says, even if the group limit is fewer.

so if the app says "deploy 3 spiders and 1 spider elite ignoring group limit" means that i'm forced to deploy 4 spiders, even if in 2 player campaign the limit is 2 spiders.

right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.