3 Posts

Space Cadets: Away Missions» Forums » General

Subject: MIssion 4 Moon Boarding action: Am i playing it right? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin W
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi everyone, As the post title suggests, I started playing Moon Boarding action 1. I loaded out with the captain, the professor and the yeoman. I was doing pretty well until i started lookng for the elevator. The main reason is that I start scanning into the tiles with both the alert and alien markers. I just wanted to clarify if im doing this right. When I scan a tile, I spawn both the aliens on the tile as well as the aliens in the muster zone(airlock) from the alert token. To me this seems like the right way to play but I wanted to double check because it also seems really really ruthless. In my last play, all 3 of my rocketeers were at full health, then when it came time for each of their scans, each of them spawned both the alien token and aliens at the muster. So in 1 turn the number of aliens went from like 6 to 34. Of course on the alien phase, since about half of them were coming from the airlock they all ganged up on the closest rocketeer(yeoman) and mercilessly gunned her down in cold blood. TO me, it seems that regardless of strategy, i just dont have the firepower available to deal with this many aliens, especially since saucermen and leaders ignore doors/can just walk around locked doors.

If this is how the mission is supposed to go once we start revealing the alert tiles, anyone got any pointers for me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
That is the correct way to spawn when scanning those tiles, however with 3 cadets only 5 of the 10 alert tokens should have any effect, the rest should be "no effect" tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Rose
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
That is the correct way to spawn when scanning those tiles, however with 3 cadets only 5 of the 10 alert tokens should have any effect, the rest should be "no effect" tokens.

Well said! This is a challenging mission, and one of my favorites! Make sure you have come as close as you can to rescuing the Thralls and putting together the Schematics before you start flipping the Alerts, because as you've seen your gonna have to get the heck out pretty soon after that. Also, a stun pellet is a very nice thing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.