Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
95 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: International Tabletop Day rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Humour [+] Going_to_Fletchers_house [+] FletcherCon_2018 [+] everyones_invited [+] [View All]
Fletcher Massie
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Who is participating this year?

We’re throwing a big party and trying to get as many new gamers as we can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fmassie wrote:

How nice! We need an address, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fletcher Massie
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
fmassie wrote:

I just meant that as “here’s what we’re doing, what are you doing?”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
fmassie wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:
fmassie wrote:

I just meant that as “here’s what we’re doing, what are you doing?”

Apparently heading to your party
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to Fletcher's party. I know they said not to bring anything, but we'll bring some of my wife's delicious mashed potatoes for everyone to share.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angry Well I totally have plans! Lots of plans! I'll be playing games with, like, people and stuff! Definitely not spending the day hitting refresh to see if I've been invited to Fletcher's party, that's for sure!

(But, if you do have a cancellation or something, you should probably post about it here, you know, just in case.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Baker
United Kingdom
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
fmassie wrote:

Count me in also. Sounds like it's gonna be good. Let me know the address and time. I'll bring serviettes so no need for anyone else to do that or we'll have too many

Being serious now and for what little it's worth I actually have no plans at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Myers
United States
Redmond
WA
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
angry Well I totally have plans! Lots of plans! I'll be playing games with, like, people and stuff! Definitely not spending the day hitting refresh to see if I've been invited to Fletcher's party, that's for sure!

(But, if you do have a cancellation or something, you should probably post about it here, you know, just in case.)

I'm in if Rusty's in. I'll bring the twice-baked potatoes. See you all at Fletcher's!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Greasby
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Walsh Code
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife is busy so I was planning to play a few rounds of Mice and Mystics with my son but he just asked if I could drop him off at Fletcher’s so now I have nothing scheduled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping to have a game night on Friday if people can make it. If not I'll swing by your party. We'll be bringing the baby too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Vogler
United States
Maryville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m in and will bring the Cheetos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oberon Gustacroft
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm probably going to Fletcher's to wash bits of brain off my clothing. A few local places are having board game demos followed by raffles. The party who decreed game night must expand then drove off almoat everyone else insistsed there must be a formal plan involving a game itinerary, map, and schedule prior to my arrival last week. I am bringing a couple dice to help with decision making ans that's it. My guess is they'll take it so well Fletch will have bits of grey matter, hair, and skull all over his kitchen after I use his sink to clean up a bit. He's such a good guy I can totally make a sandwich while handling the mess instead of having to use a hose in the backyard!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oberzilla wrote:
The party who decreed game night must expand then drove off almoat everyone else insistsed there must be a formal plan

I believe Miss Manners favors, "here's what we're doing; what are you doing?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably nothing? I doubt my FLGS has anything planned, all of my groups' hosts will be on travel.

FWIW, I did a blog post on what I did in 2014....

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/29209/my-internationa...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MamaGames
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I need to map out how far it is from our house to Fletcher's. Based on his avatar, we could be driving quite a while...

Our truly local FLGS has gotten pretty bad in recent years, making their actual board game selection smaller and smaller and smaller so they can better cater to MtG and Warhammer.

We have a good store about an hour west (and its sister store an hour north) and we're planning to hit one if not both of those on our rounds (looking forward to picking up a copy of Wonderland and the new Sagrada promo, plus seeing demos and meeting folks). A friend from our homeschool co-op is also having a board game night that evening that we might make it to after we're done at Fletcher's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mcpherson
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking Patchwork, Cottage Garden, Barenpark, A Feast for Odin and finish with Indian Summer. Too much?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Bennetts
United Kingdom
Wellington
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I shall be crafting a montage of the dramatic battle of Pelennor Fields using only mashed potatoes and cheetos, at Fletchers.

If I have time after that I'll be at our monthly gaming event at our local library.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've already got two events lined up on Saturday, fortunately it looks like Fletcher is in a different time zone, so I'll see what I can do about getting there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
I heard about Fletcher's last International Tabletop Day and it was #crazy. You wouldn't believe the things they were doing with pieces from Cosmic Encounter and A Feast for Odin.

If you aren't there this year, well, don't let that happen.

See ya at 10am Fletch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ponder Stibbons
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
I give myself very good advice, But I very seldom follow it. That explains the trouble that I'm always in.
mbmbmbmbmb
i'm attending a big pre-opening to a new boardgame cafe in town. i really wanted to volunteer to teach/referee games but ever since that one time playing TI:4 my wife has been hesitant to let me spend "only like 4 hours" around boardgames on a saturday. obviously she's made an exception for Fletcher's party, but that's just because she heard there were nachos (did i promise we're bringing nachos?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Haley
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Well I am actually flying in to San Jose National Airport, then I have to go to Sam's Club and pick up some snacks ( I hope my friend will let me borrow his Sam's Card). After that I'm gonna head to a really awesome table top day party.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ontario
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My FLGS is having an all-day event with tournaments, raffles, and such. I'll probably be there for part of it. Although, it's always so busy and noisy during events that I end up heading home after a little while. At this point, I'm pretty sure Fletcher's party will end up being just as crowded and noisy, so it's probably best for me to stick to something local

My back-up plan is to have some people over for games in the evening. Something much more low-key and relaxing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tfoz 15
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan to bring 3 heavy games to Fletcher's party which I've never played or bothered to read the rules and fully expect someone to teach me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Esbech
Denmark
Odense M
Danmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re4isnumber1 wrote:
I'm thinking Patchwork, Cottage Garden, Barenpark, A Feast for Odin and finish with Indian Summer. Too much?

Bärenpark is the odd one out... right? I mean, it has to be.

tfoz15 wrote:
I plan to bring 3 heavy games to Fletcher's party which I've never played or bothered to read the rules and fully expect someone to teach me.

That sounds like a plan, I would be up for it. And even if we have agreed what those 3 games are, I too will have made no attempt at learning the rules or bother to find out what the games are about.

Also once we meet up I will be in the mood for something light.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Harrison
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Telford Boardgames Club in the UK is running is annual International Tabletop day gathering at Shifnal Village hall so I'll be there.

So far games wise I have a game of Twilight Imperium 4th edition planned, other than that though who knows?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.