Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Forsaken Forest» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Fun, fun, fun rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I had the opportunity to play this yesterday 3-4 matches over at the Tabletop Simulator. Someone had converted the game into the platform, and boy was it fun.

It’s a social deduction game, with the human players trying to reach the village or eliminating the forsaken players, and the forsaken players (posing as humans) attempting to reach the void or kill as many humans until there is a ratio of 1:1.

The gameplay is quite simple, with only several cards at a time, meaning that new players have no trouble getting into it. The mechanics seem to flow smoothly as well.

One advantage of playing at the Tabletop Simulator is that during the blindfold bits, where human players conceal their screen while the forsaken do something, you really have no clue who it was, whereas in real life there might be someone pulling a chair, stretching, etc. which more easily gives the bad guys away. Sure, you can use music or other made up rules to help drown the sound, and that does make it better, yes.

The game is really fun. I laughed out loud several times, and genuinely had a good time playing it with complete strangers. It’s fun trying to find out who the forsaken players are, setting them up for trial, and eventually executing them. It’s also a blast to trick and lie when you are a forsaken yourself to see how far you can go.

The artwork is just up my alley, with a realistic, creepy look to it.

At the moment, it seems that the game is on Kickstarter. I hope it does well, because I sure had a great time.

Looking forward to playing it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hawkins
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, how is it that Friedman Friese is not one of the designers of this very eFFable game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tamidor Winddancer
msg tools
I really like the idea of blend between social deduction and strategy BUT what do you think of the player elemination part in game that can last up to 60 minutes. That really worries me.
I hope the designer is reading this forum because than maybe the game can be tweaked in some way.

Suggestions:
1. The game is sped up, when the first player is eliminated in some way.

2. Is death doorstep maybe enough. The number of villagers and forsaken is known. So when both forsaken or the necessary number of villagers is on death doorstep the game ends.

3. Find an alternate role for eliminated players. Good spirits that help the villagers and forest spirits to help the forsaken. In some way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.