Zombicide: Invader» Forums » General

Subject: There are too many Space marine-like miniatures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you take into account the 6 new miniatures from Dark Side, it looks like all soldiers come with heavy armor, heavy weapons and chainsaw like melee weapons.

CMON, if you read this, please give us some variety in the miniatures. As of now, I can keep only a handful of soldier miniatures, and associate them with 3 times the number of survivor cards. That's too silly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignazio Corrao
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they need the heavy armor to justify (also as a visual reminder) their additional HP.

Don't forget that Soldiers are 50% more resilient than Civilians.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, but it doesn't mean they can't give variety to these heavy armors. All the soldiers we can see in all the science fiction universes don't all use the same kind of heavy armor. So it's not a lack of ideas that push CMON to use the same template, it's just laziness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignazio Corrao
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kakuuuu wrote:
Sure, but it doesn't mean they can't give variety to these heavy armors. All the soldiers we can see in all the science fiction universes don't all use the same kind of heavy armor. So it's not a lack of ideas that push CMON to use the same template, it's just laziness.

In that, I fully agree with you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel A Fernandez Rico
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kakuuuu wrote:
When you take into account the 6 new miniatures from Dark Side, it looks like all soldiers come with heavy armor, heavy weapons and chainsaw like melee weapons.

CMON, if you read this, please give us some variety in the miniatures. As of now, I can keep only a handful of soldier miniatures, and associate them with 3 times the number of survivor cards. That's too silly.

This, plus im afraid that unpainted they are going to be a PAIN to sort. Trying to recognize who is who is going to take an awful amount of time, and most of the time, as you said, you will just use "space marine dude" mini and the card with the powers you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kakuuuu wrote:

Soldiers use a wide variety of armours across all the different science fiction universes, but often use one type in any single universe.

If the survivors are all from the same universe (and even squad) then I'd expect them to have very similar armour. It could even look a mess if they all had vastly different styles of armour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Re Mi
msg tools
I like the similar style armors, makes them more uniform like I would expect an actual military to be.

That being said however, I would have made green squad from Dark side have different looking armor, being a different squad from the surface dwellers, just to make them stand out more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JudgementDave wrote:
kakuuuu wrote:

Soldiers use a wide variety of armours across all the different science fiction universes, but often use one type in any single universe.

If the survivors are all from the same universe (and even squad) then I'd expect them to have very similar armour. It could even look a mess if they all had vastly different styles of armour.

I don't disagree with that reasoning, but artisticly speaking, the result is very bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you actually counted? Yesterday someone did and the civilians outnumbered the infantry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
typo360 wrote:
Have you actually counted? Yesterday someone did and the civilians outnumbered the infantry.

Doesn't matter. There's no point in adding even more sculpts of the same-ish heavy soldier miniatures if the only people that will benefit from them are painters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you complain that there’s an inbalance and the possiblily that there isn’t an inbalance just doesn’t matter?

You do realize they play differently right? Civ and soldiers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're missing the point. The problem isn't about the variety of characters' powers, but about the sculpt of the miniatures. Most of the soldiers look much alike in their heavy armor with their heavy weapons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the new mechanic stretch goal - it's armored without being space marine. I am surprised no experience suits, space miners, riddick, they could do like iron Man armor, Samus type character, dead space type armor, a krogan from Mass effect

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kakuuuu wrote:
You're missing the point. The problem isn't about the variety of characters' powers, but about the sculpt of the miniatures. Most of the soldiers look much alike in their heavy armor with their heavy weapons.

Yup I did miss the point. I thought you wanted more civilians and less soliders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually thought civilian Mitsuki looked like a good recon/scout/light armored Soldier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
kakuuuu wrote:

All sculpts were already done long before you saw this Kickstarter. It’s too late for requests now. There no point in asking for a change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Breckenridge
United States
Richmond
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For other versions, I've written the names of the characters on the bottom of their bases with a Sharpie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Oless
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
The Flingers are the best aliens in the campaign so far, IMO. Really unique, and don't look like they're posing in a Mr. Universe bodybuilding contest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ingram
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
kakuuuu wrote:

Perhaps a re-titling of your original post would provide clarity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kakuuuu wrote:
CMON, if you read this, please give us some variety in the miniatures.

Well, they gave us Kabuki players, Tina Turner, and orphans. What more do you want?

(Oh, right. A cohesive coherent campaign! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vladigar wrote:
kakuuuu wrote:

The title is clear enough : it's talking about miniatures, as in actual sculpts, not the survivors and their powers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Crantz
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For a mining colony, there sure aren't many miners there! Just an observation! Maybe they are the Xenos? Sigh...I dunno anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ingram
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
kakuuuu wrote:
Vladigar wrote:
kakuuuu wrote:

The title is clear enough : it's talking about miniatures, as in actual sculpts, not the survivors and their powers.

Obviously not if the above is any indication. Perhaps something like, "There's not enough variety in the space marine miniature sculpts.".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And yet, everybody else understood it just fine whistle
So there's no need to change that title.

Obviously

But please, do try again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Choi
Canada
flag msg tools
Nope, from the title it sounds to me like you are talking about the quantity ("there are too many").

Let's not speak on behalf of "everyone".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.