Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please check out my other reviews at:

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/145695/item/5971481#item5...

Conclusion:

Super Vampire is a children's game about flying around and collecting garlic and storing that garlic in a tower of your color. Tis is a dexterity game of flicking or moving disc along skinny hallways to collect the garlic.

With any dexterity game, the components are super important. With so many dexterity games the cheap components ruin what could have been a very fun game. With Super Vampire, the components do not let us down. Everything is very sturdy and built to last through a lot of children playing this game. Excellent and Queen did not disappoint.

For Adults, this game is going to be rather easy. Adults will not play this game, but that is okay as it is squarely intended for children. Children will really enjoy this game. The younger they are the more they are likely to struggle with the game. The game isn't hard, but kids have a problem moving slow and sturdy. The game can come with frustration for the younger crowd as their token falls over and over. With that said, the game isn't cheap and if the kids learn to take their time they will be able to master the dexterity needed to score points.

We normally play with a variant to speed the game up and to make it more fair that a child scores 2 garlic for each garlic they return, but that isn't in the rules and just something we made up to keep the game moving and to make it more fair for the kids.

The rolling of the sun dice makes the game length and a turn length variable. This can make it a little "unfair" when your 5 year has 2 minutes on a turn (which is about impossible for him) and your 7 year old gets 5 minutes (which is much easier for her). The trick is to keep the game moving and hoping it all evens out over the life of the game. That can be hard to explain to a small kid though.

Overall, Super Vampire has been a hit in our home. The kids understand the game and enjoy it and it gets recommended quite a bit. Like most dexterity games, the game can wear on you and mostly for adults here. It is something you will want to play sometimes rather than at each gaming session, but the kids will want to play it over and over. While the game looks simple, the kids we have played it with have loved it.

Keeper.

Components:

The components are fantastic. My biggest complaint is that you have to sticker everything yourself (boo!). The cardboard doesn't fit in the box put together, so there is some take down and set up each time you play. The cardboard is very good quality so I am not worried about it not lasting even with kids playing. The tokens are good and the tokens bring them to life. The garlic tokens are a tad too small for my taste, but they had to be to fit on the player tokens. The game also comes with two boards which is a nice addition and much appreciated.

Rule Book:

The rule book is very simple and easy to digest. After teaching your kids one time, they should be able to understand the rules and play on their own. The rules take about 2-3 minutes to read and the game takes about 1 minute to teach.

Flow of the Game:

The vampire that collects the most garlic wins the game. Each player will have a 3D cardboard tower where they will store their garlic and be unseen to the other players (hidden scoring).

The board is constructed with 3D cardboard towers with a board placed over it. This board has skinny "hallways" and a lot of "holes" for your token to fall (or your garlic!). Each player will have a tower that will store their garlic.

On a players turn, they will roll the white dice which will have a colored garlic on it. The player will then have to "flick" or move their player token across the skinny hallways to the place showing that colored garlic. If they arrive at the place, they place a single garlic token on top of their player token. At this point, they can decide to roll the dice and go after another garlic or to not roll the dice and head back to their tower to deposit (and score) their garlic token.

If your token falls, you lose any garlic on it and you must go back to your tower and restart. If only the garlic falls, you lose the garlic, roll the dice again and go after more garlic.

While the player is doing all that, the other players have divided up the "sun" dice. In turn order and one dice at a time, the players will roll the sun dice attempting to roll a sun. In order for the round to end, they must roll a sun on each of the 6 dice. A sun is on one of the six sides of the dice. Once all 6 dice have a sun rolled, the round ends and the next player goes.

The game ends when all the garlic has been collected.

Should I buy this game?:

I recommend this game for families with smaller kids likely up to 10+. Smaller the child the more help they will likely need. I do not recommend this for adults or even non gamers. This is strictly for kids or for parents to play with their kids.

Keeper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Clensy
United States
Glenbrook
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Purge: # 1762 This War of Mine: The Board Game: War is bad....mmmmmokay?
I think your title is not meant for this review. 🙂
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
thejadeape wrote:
I think your title is not meant for this review. 🙂

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.