Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Girling
United Kingdom
Stowmarket
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

My apologies if this has been asked before (i've tried searching with no success) but I was just wondering how everyone promotes their game group?

Currently we rely mainly on this site and Facebook as well as the odd poster here and there. I have dabbled in meetup but the cost is an issue as we don't charge to come along (we're lucky enough to have free hall usage).

I'm currently trialling listing the evens on gumtree, but i'm not holding my breath on that one.

Anything we've missed?

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
www.boardgoats.org
United Kingdom
Stanford-in-the-Vale, Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Guinness81 wrote:
Hi everyone,

My apologies if this has been asked before (i've tried searching with no success) but I was just wondering how everyone promotes their game group?

Currently we rely mainly on this site and Facebook as well as the odd poster here and there. I have dabbled in meetup but the cost is an issue as we don't charge to come along (we're lucky enough to have free hall usage).

I'm currently trialling listing the evens on gumtree, but i'm not holding my breath on that one.

Anything we've missed?

Cheers!

We have a website (https://boardgoats.org/) and every post we make is automatically mirrored on Facebook, Twitter & Tumblr.. Websites on WordPress are free, although there's a small charge if you want to go advert-free...

We are not a big club, but we are a happy one!

nannyGOAT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guilds.

Look up Clubs and then either/both England and United Kingdom. Add your club(s). Whilst not widely read (I'm surmising here), it is sometimes the first place players look when seeking clubs in their area. My club has picked up a couple of visitors over the last year or two via the Guilds listing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tabletop Gaming magazine has a club directory in the back of it which is free as far as I recall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Girling
United Kingdom
Stowmarket
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, we do have a guild set up as well as a tabletop mag listing. We're also on Meeple Mapper and a couple of other sites I can't remember at the moment.

I did wonder about having a blog (I'm a Web designer so shouldn't be too tricky) but wasn't sure if it would get many visitors?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hague
United Kingdom
Todmorden
West Yorks
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you've not already, you are welcome to join us here https://www.facebook.com/groups/BoardGameClubOrganisers/ for any tips or just for a place to vent

I'd say you are doing the right stuff, make sure your FB group isn't private as that can be a turn off.

Tabletop Gaming Magazine has currently relocated our Lancashire Club to Lanarkshire which is a shame.

We did try Meetup but never really got much out of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
River Song
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I love my cats!
badge
Spoilers!
mbmbmbmbmb
We use Facebook for our club and that has brought in a lot of new members over the years. We post weekly reminders on the day of the meet-up and afterwards post about what games were played. In between, the usual links to other items and posts to keep the site getting noticed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.