Hide
19 Posts

Street Fighter: The Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Jasco / Angry Joe: Request for mini updates rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Pluckebaum
msg tools
Any chance we can get mini updates on the characters from the add on's and some of their deck stuff like the SG characters?

Essentially a spot light on each character and 3 - 4 shots of the card's or even just text about the characters play style.

A group of us believe that this would provide incentive for people to jump into some of those add on's.

I'd be happy to write them for you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Peach
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Pluckywood wrote:
Any chance we can get mini updates on the characters from the add on's and some of their deck stuff like the SG characters?

Essentially a spot light on each character and 3 - 4 shots of the card's or even just text about the characters play style.

A group of us believe that this would provide incentive for people to jump into some of those add on's.

How would you write spotlights for a game you presumably haven't played?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pluckebaum
msg tools
cjpeach2004 wrote:
Pluckywood wrote:

They'd send me the card text and I'd use my marketing experience (I'm in marketing) to come up with a couple little blurbs.

I'd send it back to them and they'd add some fancy artwork.

Boom... done.

I really wouldn't need that much card text either. Just one strike, one event, one projectile would be enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Peach
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Pluckywood wrote:
cjpeach2004 wrote:
Pluckywood wrote:

They'd send me the card text and I'd use my marketing experience (I'm in marketing) to come up with a couple little blurbs.

Boom... done.

I really wouldn't need that much card text either. Just one strike, one event, one projectile would be enough.

Hopeful and nice, but if the License doesn't allow a PnP and previews haven't been a priority I don't really see them mailing out even digital copies of those cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pluckebaum
msg tools
cjpeach2004 wrote:
Pluckywood wrote:
cjpeach2004 wrote:
Pluckywood wrote:

Boom... done.

Hopeful and nice, but if the License doesn't allow a PnP and previews haven't been a priority I don't really see them mailing out even digital copies of those cards.

Ah, but I don't need digital copies. I just need a sentence on what a couple cards do that make the specific character unique and maybe an abbreviated card text " play at x time to do x thing"

So no license violation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pluckebaum
msg tools
Of course I'd settle for them doing it on their own... was just trying to be helpful
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Peach
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough. Best of luck with your request sir!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Blackford
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pluckywood wrote:
Of course I'd settle for them doing it on their own... was just trying to be helpful
Think you'd have more luck getting that match with Alex...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pluckebaum
msg tools
CrashCat wrote:
Pluckywood wrote:
Think you'd have more luck getting that match with Alex...

LOL. I'm still trying. Angry Joe said Alex laughed when he heard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Lakoduk
msg tools
It would be nice to get some kind of info on these characters and it would probably boost sales.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TechnoGolem wrote:
It would be nice to get some kind of info on these characters and it would probably boost sales.

I started a whole thread about that point. I'm not going to buy any bonus packs until I have at least a high level overview of what each character brings to the game.

I am guessing there are a lot of backers waiting for details on these figures before taking the $40 plunge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Peach
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
TechnoGolem wrote:

I started a whole thread about that point. I'm not going to buy any bonus packs until I have at least a high level overview of what each character brings to the game.

I am guessing there are a lot of backers waiting for details on these figures before taking the $40 plunge.

Sucks so many people will then end up missing out on those characters :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cjpeach2004 wrote:
MajaiofDreams wrote:
TechnoGolem wrote:

Sucks so many people will then end up missing out on those characters :/

Assuming they are worth it in the end.
For all we know many of them will feel redundant and not add much to make the cost worth it.
At this point were going on faith if we buy them.

I hope there will be an extended pledge manager after the campaign ends so backers will have extra time to add them on post campaign.

At this point we have 20 add on characters and less than 2 weeks to get details om them.

So if the pledge manager can stay open for a couple months, it will allow the designers to get the details out and hopefully shift the backers to add them on.
Then everybody's happy. Designers sell more units, and backers have peace of mind about their purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Peach
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I already added them. Having played the video game and studying the design space, listening to them talk about Dan, R Mika, seeing Sakura, I am sure they will be different. Selfishly I will hope it closes sooner rather than later and details don't come out specifically. But that's because I am selfish

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cjpeach2004 wrote:
I already added them. Having played the video game and studying the design space, listening to them talk about Dan, R Mika, seeing Sakura, I am sure they will be different. Selfishly I will hope it closes sooner rather than later and details don't come out specifically. But that's because I am selfish

??? I can't tell if you're just being silly or snarky with the being selfish comment.

Why would hoping a pledge manager closing sooner be a good thing for anyone? Leaving it open is what most kickstarter campaigns I've seen that are add on heavy do while they hammer out details and enter pre production phase. Then once they are ready for production the surveys go out, backers add on last minite addons ie. the figure packs. Then BOOM, production begins.

I hope this campaign follows that pattern.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel James
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.twitch.tv/sculptorhec several minis are getting work simultaneously

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Peach
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
cjpeach2004 wrote:

??? I can't tell if you're just being silly or snarky with the being selfish comment.

Why would hoping a pledge manager closing sooner be a good thing for anyone? Leaving it open is what most kickstarter campaigns I've seen that are add on heavy do while they hammer out details and enter pre production phase. Then once they are ready for production the surveys go out, backers add on last minite addons ie. the figure packs. Then BOOM, production begins.

I hope this campaign follows that pattern.

I was being silly saying the selfish remark, however, if you haven't watched the gameplay videos to see how different Sakura was, then that's on the backer. They talked about how Dan was different. Knowing the video game even a little should show you how the others are different in the design space there is

And if they don't do what you are suggesting, which is my assumption, then my comment of shame for those other backers stands I will be enjoying my add-ons either way though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lyon
United States
West Warren
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
CyberMonk
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
Assuming they are worth it in the end.
For all we know many of them will feel redundant and not add much to make the cost worth it.
At this point were going on faith if we buy them.

I hope there will be an extended pledge manager after the campaign ends so backers will have extra time to add them on post campaign.

At this point we have 20 add on characters and less than 2 weeks to get details om them.

So if the pledge manager can stay open for a couple months, it will allow the designers to get the details out and hopefully shift the backers to add them on.
Then everybody's happy. Designers sell more units, and backers have peace of mind about their purchase.

I don't mean to sound rude, but how can you say these things, looking at the roster in each pack? These characters weren't picked out at random. Each one plays VERY differently. Hell, just in the three Grappler characters revealed, (Rainbow Mika, Zangief, Laura) each one of them is vastly different. Gief will have the health and a couple of tricks to get in your face and hurt you. Mika will bounce around and be able to strike you from a surprising distance. Laura will have more opportunities to counter you. I know next to nothing about what's in the decks, but from watching them play other characters I know, and how faithful they are to them and their movesets, it's pretty easy to figure out a general idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Blackford
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hatori1181 wrote:

I don't mean to sound rude, but how can you say these things, looking at the roster in each pack? These characters weren't picked out at random. Each one plays VERY differently. Hell, just in the three Grappler characters revealed, (Rainbow Mika, Zangief, Laura) each one of them is vastly different. Gief will have the health and a couple of tricks to get in your face and hurt you. Mika will bounce around and be able to strike you from a surprising distance. Laura will have more opportunities to counter you. I know next to nothing about what's in the decks, but from watching them play other characters I know, and how faithful they are to them and their movesets, it's pretty easy to figure out a general idea.
Well, we can certainly guess, but we're also kind of being asked to take a lot on faith by the omission here. I don't think they counted on us caring about the details and just wanted to offer it as more of the same content for those who want to throw caution to the wind. We've got nearly a year of waiting to come, so I can see some advantage to wanting to have some information to parcel out over time to keep the dream alive so to speak, but that may have the opposite effect here. People who don't make the blind leap will just get a bigger grudge being endlessly shown all the bits they didn't get and most likely can't have (since the amount made has already been committed).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.