This Guy
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I have a geekfeed I use to skim for content in my collection: https://boardgamegeek.com/geekfeed.php?action=viewrecent&sub...

It works pretty well, and I prefer it to subscriptions for generally keeping up with things. I'd like to be able to exclude some things, though.

One thing is variants forums. But it would be generally nice to be able to exclude other things.

Is there any way to exclude specific forums, or to exclude individual threads?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can Block specific subforums from your subscriptions. Click the triangle (or "..." in the Game page view) next to the forum name.

(Edit: didn't occur to me that the feed would not take advantage of the subscriptions module.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This Guy
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
a1bert wrote:
You can Block specific subforums from your subscriptions. Click the triangle (or "..." in the Game page view) next to the forum name.

Thanks, but I'm looking to see if there's any way to exclude items fro a a geekfeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmbmb
Sorry, this is not possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This Guy
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
dakarp wrote:
Sorry, this is not possible.

As a web developer, I was holding out hope for a query string solution. Alas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah - I've been asking for this for about three years now. I'm not sure why it's not possible. We can tell from the forum structure that - obviously - variants are tagged differently than general which is tagged differently than rules. I can select *just* those posts through the forums module on the game page.

But - like you - I use the GeekFeed (and I get that info via RSS) - and then, I head back to BGG for the topics that are interesting to me. Different than you, I actually *want* Variants (but not Session Reports, for instance).

I've submitted it as a suggestion; but I've never received any response ... so, a few years ago, I realized I'd have to use a different tool. Now, my RSS reader has a "Rules" function - where I can bring in the feed and have those topics that I'm not interested in stripped out, before the final feed is delivered to my reader.

So - I just took my previous annual contribution to BGG and re-directed it to my RSS reader.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.