Subject: Does Fenris require the other expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Hipkiss
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good! Just wondering whether Fenris will require the existing expansions, or if it can be played with just the base game. Say, if part of the campaign or a module requires airships, so that Wind Gambit is required.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan West
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure Jamey said expansions can be used but aren’t required for Fenrus. I expect he’ll be along soon to confirm/correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dusty Craine
United States
Linden
Michigan
flag msg tools
Roll Damn Tide!
badge
Me
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey has mentioned before that use of IFA or TWG are optional. I think that was a design requirement for all Scythe expansions. They must play great with or without the other expansions.

edit for clarity
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonathan and Dusty are correct! I wanted people to be able to pick and choose the expansions that appeal to them, so none of the expansions depend on the other expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Hipkiss
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks for the info!
Not that I have anything against the existing expansions (I already have IFA), just nice to know there's no "forced" purchase order

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
Germany
Wuerzburg
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to hear that. While I really love the IFA I currently don't see the 'necessity' for TWG (at least for our current group). Since I consider Fenris a must have I am glad that there is no cross dependence. In the end I might get TWG anyway but for now I am anticipating Fenris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.