3 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Attuned Investigators rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fred Jandt
msg tools
mbmb
How tuned are the various investigators to the cycles? I know you can use any in each, but will Daisy (for example) fail miserably in the jungle if I really want to use her in that cycle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I can tell, what makes a good Investigator with a good deck doesn't vary much from Campaign to Campaign. I can't speak specifically about the jungle, but the only real restriction is that some Investigators are not great for Solo play, and when building teams you don't want, for example, two killers and no clue finders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, some investigators are going to be naturally equipped to handle, say, horror, so they will always be a bit better at the scenarios where there are less sources of damage and more sources or horror.

I don't think you're going to have an issue playing any investigator in any campaign. Will some be suited more towards specific campaigns than others? Yes, probably. The game already has a few ideas of which investigators are the strongest of each class, but ultimately that is not the point or the goal of the design.

Each investigator is almost guaranteed to be able to build a deck that can handle each campaign on some level and there's always going to be an element of luck as to whether or not you draw certain cards at certain times.

Each investigator has things they are good at and things they are not, so if a scenario in a campaign punishes investigators for having low evade scores, is the investigator not suited to the campaign? No, not really. You just might need to bolster your weakness a bit more with cards to counter those situations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.