Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Yoder
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Scarab Lords a lot and felt Blue Moon would be somewhat similar. And indeed it is, though a trifle less complex and quicker to play.

I played this one with George, and it was a good game though we were hampered somewhat by a faulty understanding of the rules. Lori and Rob were supposed to teach us but they got distracted.

Anyway, I was the Vulca, and George was the Hoax. George won the first battle, then I began pummeling him. At one point I had two dragons on my side. But I just couldn't win that last fight. In the end George had one dragon, and I discarded my last three cards to end the game.

Rob thinks the game is flawed because you can lose by running out of characters at the end. George and I did make one rules mistake: there were several battles where we both had played six cards, but only attracted one dragon after the victory. It remains to be seen how the game comes out when played correctly.

--Joel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Session Report
Yoder (#33401),
I respectfully submit that if one "can lose by running out of characters at the end," then one should perhaps save some characters for just that eventuality. Part of the strategy of the game is knowing when to bow out gracefully, especially in order to set up a six card victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yoder (#33401),

At one point I had two dragons on my side. But I just couldn't win that last fight.

Just a clarification. If you only had 2 dragons on your side, one more would not be the last fight. In order to win, you need to have all 3 dragons on your side, and then win another fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Quote:
Favre4MVP wrote:
Just a clarification. If you only had 2 dragons on your side, one more would not be the last fight. In order to win, you need to have all 3 dragons on your side, and then win another fight.

Unless that one last battle ended with six or more cards played on his side.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.