Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am curious where everyone stands with the add on packs. I wonder how many of us are eagerly waiting for details before spending an extra $40-$160 vs how many have allready taken the plunge on faith as the game is looking very promising.
Poll
Are you buying any add on figure packs, and if so why/why not?
Where do you stand with the figure add on packs?
All in! I'm buying all there is.
I am buying 2 or 3.
Just buying one.
Waiting on details and may buy 1.
Waiting on details and may buy 2 or more.
Waiting on details and hope to go all in!
Not buying any regardless of details.
      129 answers
Poll created by MajaiofDreams

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bane Kerr
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I end up backing the game I'll likely get the packs for 3 and 5, and possibly 4. Not that interested in the Alpha one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyan Shad
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd buy one more if the characters were right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian W.
Germany
flag msg tools
All of it. Once I move into my own place at some point in the future they will help transform it into Retro Geek Central and of course be used for gaming as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
Wales
Ammanford
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Depending on how I feel about the game at the end of the campaign, and depending on competition from other releases/kickstarters around that time, I'll ask my wife to pick her favourites. She's way more into the Street Fighter universe beyond SFII than I am.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting results thus far. Adding up the numbers, it appears 2/3 of the unit volume is being bought allready on faith. And only an additional 1/3 of the potential sales are pending more info.

I mean this is obviously just a small BGG sampling and may hold no weight.

But at least in this community we have a lot of people more likely to go all in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
Wales
Ammanford
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In terms of the miniatures there's no more faith involved that there is with the core game. We've seen the quality of the renders they're producing. The only question is the finished product, and if you doubt that you'll be doubting the entire pledge.

Of course, gameplay's another issue, but I get the feeling that's not everyone's concern. Some folks just want cool minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 100% faith in the base game and all its characters. They've sold it 10 times over.
But my game group may not be super into the game to warrant more figures beyond the SF2 cast. I'm doing my best to sell them on it and get them syched but something tells me this game won't hit the table enough to justify the extra figures.

Guess all we can do is continue to watch it evolve over the closing days and go from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My only knowledge of Street Fighter is SF2 nostalgia, so I'm fine with not getting any add-ons and getting all my faves for "free" as stretch goals.

I want to thank everyone who is a fan of the other games in the series for subsidizing a bunch of my stretch goals. I love you folks.

Now get me my T.Hawke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Molina
msg tools
mbmb
T. Hawk and Dee Jay will definitely be unlocked by the time the campaign is over. There's still 3 more mystery fighters that are planned as stretch goals. It would be nice if we could hit that $1.6M in the last few days, especially when people are getting paychecks next week. If not I'd still be totally happy with only unlocking up to Dee Jay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyan Shad
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have more money invested in Funko Pops (So $10 a figure isn’t bad at all) and these compared to there Funko Pop counter parts are awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Blackford
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
Interesting results thus far. Adding up the numbers, it appears 2/3 of the unit volume is being bought allready on faith. And only an additional 1/3 of the potential sales are pending more info.

I mean this is obviously just a small BGG sampling and may hold no weight.

But at least in this community we have a lot of people more likely to go all in.
Makes sense to me. Most of the people who are going to bother to come here have a strong feeling one way or the other. So both "all in" and "never" are going to be the biggest results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Bouman
Netherlands
flag msg tools
My answer isnt in there! Im getting one add-on for sure (Need Sakura, Mika and Dan!) And Im waiting on 3th Strike details,, that Tenuki though.. (WANT!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sleepygiant wrote:
My answer isnt in there! Im getting one add-on for sure (Need Sakura, Mika and Dan!) And Im waiting on 3th Strike details,, that Tenuki though.. (WANT!)

I was tempted to do that. Add {definitely getting X and will get Y pending info.} But I didn't want to overly complicate the poll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. P.
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Personally it was an easy "all in" for me for a while now, but the fact that we still don't know a thing about the add on characters is kind of concerning. It's already expensive, but paying that price tag and not knowing what you're getting into is a bit troubling imo.

So I think I may drop down a tier and just get one or two add ons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Blackford
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing that some of the overall 'archetypes' will overlap, like strikers, projectile users, combo heavy characters, etc., but between those there will be finer points like individual event cards that make a solid difference. I don't expect any of the addons to really be huge changes from the core set but I would be willing to be pleasantly surprised. The price is fair enough that I don't mind going in on it and possibly selling them off later if they're just far too samey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Lakoduk
msg tools
I'm going all in with the World Warrior Pledge for several reasons.

Also got the Shadaloo dice.

There were talks about doing a map and player selected add-on pack. I'd probably get those since I got everything else. Love having more options for characters and maps to use.

Too bad the money I was saving for various games and expansions is shot to hell but I can always get that stuff later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Chau
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I still haven't backed the game, but if I do, I'm only going to pick up the SFIV set. I only want the Final Fight characters, especially since I named my son 'Cody'.
Ideally, I would like to get Sakura and Dan but I don't want to be spending a lot of money. Wish I could swap out C. Viper and Juri for them instead.

Ah well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Swift
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you look on the Kickstarter page, at the moment there are 2781 backers at the World Warrior (All-In) level and 2551 backers at the Street Fighter level. So just over half are going for everything.

I think the characters people want are going to reflect their experience with the video games. Personally, I played quite a lot of Street Fighter 2 (on the Atari ST) so I'm mostly interested in the characters from that. I played a bit of Street Fighter 4 on the PS3 but not enough to be interested in getting the characters from that game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom_77 wrote:
If you look on the Kickstarter page, at the moment there are 2781 backers at the World Warrior (All-In) level and 2551 backers at the Street Fighter level. So just over half are going for everything.

I think the characters people want are going to reflect their experience with the video games. Personally, I played quite a lot of Street Fighter 2 (on the Atari ST) so I'm mostly interested in the characters from that. I played a bit of Street Fighter 4 on the PS3 but not enough to be interested in getting the characters from that game.

Yeah, I totally forgot about the all in pledge.
So it aligns decently with the poll. Around half of the backers are allready going all in anyway.
It appears that those of us holding out in more info are a minority in the scheme of things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lyon
United States
West Warren
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
CyberMonk
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
So it aligns decently with the poll. Around half of the backers are allready going all in anyway.
It appears that those of us holding out in more info are a minority in the scheme of things.

If I might ask, what info are you holding out for? We've seen several characters being played. We know how the game plays in several modes. We've seen cards from several decks, now. What else is it that you want to know? If you know anything about the characters, I'm sure any practical guess will be pretty accurate as to how they play in the miniatures game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hatori1181 wrote:
MajaiofDreams wrote:

If I might ask, what info are you holding out for? We've seen several characters being played. We know how the game plays in several modes. We've seen cards from several decks, now. What else is it that you want to know? If you know anything about the characters, I'm sure any practical guess will be pretty accurate as to how they play in the miniatures game.

Well I am 100% sold on the game itself and the base characters. No issue there.

But as someone who has never played anything besides SF2 and a dash of Alpha and 4, the rest of these characters are a mystery.

I'm pretty close to going all in BUT I feel its not unreasonable to get a high level overview of what each add on plays like in the game. The videogame style may not translate perfectly into the mini game so we can't be sure. I may love Dee Jay in the video game, but hate him in the mini game for example.

All I am hoping for is a high level overview.
Character X is a zoner who excells at (this) and is fast and maneuverable. They have a lot of (events) and specialize in (this).
That's all. I don't think thats unreasonable.
I trust these 16 add ons were picked with a concept in mind. I assume they each bring something unique to the game as opposed to juat picking 16 reasonably popular ones and then their moves are brainstormed post campaign. I hope they have a high level "concept" and that's all I'm asking.

I'd hate to double my pledge only to find out that the entire SF5 line up is not enjoyable to my group.

So if anyone who has played all these games thinks they know what these add on characters will be like, by all means post your theory below.
Enlighten us that are less knowledgeable about all incarnations of the game.
It would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lyon
United States
West Warren
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
CyberMonk
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:

But as someone who has never played anything besides SF2 and a dash of Alpha and 4, the rest of these characters are a mystery.

I'm pretty close to going all in BUT I feel its not unreasonable to get a high level overview of what each add on plays like in the game. The videogame style may not translate perfectly into the mini game so we can't be sure. I may love Dee Jay in the video game, but hate him in the mini game for example.

Character X is a zoner who excells at (this) and is fast and maneuverable. They have a lot of (events) and specialize in (this).
I trust these 16 add ons were picked with a concept in mind. I assume they each bring something unique to the game as opposed to juat picking 16 reasonably popular ones and then their moves are brainstormed post campaign. I hope they have a high level "concept" and that's all I'm asking.

I'd hate to double my pledge only to find out that the entire SF5 line up is not enjoyable to my group.

So if anyone who has played all these games thinks they know what these add on characters will be like, by all means post your theory below.
It would be appreciated.

You could look up those characters on Youtube and see how they fight in their respective games, or ask someone here or on the KS discussion. So far, every character's unique flavor has been accurately captured, so I see no reason why that would be any different for the characters in the character packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. P.
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Hatori1181 wrote:
MajaiofDreams wrote:

It would be appreciated.

You could look up those characters on Youtube and see how they fight in their respective games, or ask someone here or on the KS discussion. So far, every character's unique flavor has been accurately captured, so I see no reason why that would be any different for the characters in the character packs.

It's hard to assume exactly how they'll play in this game versus the actual fighting game. Especially when a lot of characters are similar archetypes in the actual video games. The Shoto characters have base similarities but are intrinsically different. But how exactly does that translate to a tabletop game? How different are grapplers or clone characters, etc. Even more so when you take into account the event cards which seem to be more based on flavor and less based on how the character plays in-game.

It's not so 1:1 so even with myself being a SF veteran who has played a majority of SF games in the series, I'm taking blind guesses on how these other characters play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lyon
United States
West Warren
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
CyberMonk
mbmbmbmbmb
Terraforce wrote:
It's hard to assume exactly how they'll play in this game versus the actual fighting game. Especially when a lot of characters are similar archetypes in the actual video games. The Shoto characters have base similarities but are intrinsically different. But how exactly does that translate to a tabletop game? How different are grapplers or clone characters, etc. Even more so when you take into account the event cards which seem to be more based on flavor and less based on how the character plays in-game.

It's not so 1:1 so even with myself being a SF veteran who has played a majority of SF games in the series, I'm taking blind guesses on how these other characters play.

Joe and Alex seem really keen on staying as true to each character as possible, and it's shown in what we've seen so far.

We've seen Ryu, Ken and Sakura all played at this point. Ryu and Ken are similar, but Ken seems to have more combo potential with less base damage as a tradeoff, and also seems to have a bit less range. Ryu is less combo heavy, but has more range and overall power. Sakura is faster, does even less damage than ken, but has better ability to move both to her opponents and then actually move them with her attacks.

We can apply the same reasoning to the Grapplers, even though we've only seen Zangief. Gief has health to spare and a couple of tricks to help him get close to his opponent. Once here's there, it's time to board the pain train. We can assume that Rainbow Mika will be far more mobile, as she is in the game. She'll probably have less health than Zangief, and do less damage, but have more options for getting in close, and those options will also have more damage output that Gief has. Laura, on the other hand, will probably be more balanced in terms of movement and health, and have more of a focus on counters and keeping constant pressure on an opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.