Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Giacomo Fusetti
Italy
Turate
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello,
Pathfind action on the exploration cards is basically a free action, right? It’s 0+/0, so I don’t even have to draw a card to succeed...

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

Note that you must be on one of the terrain cards the permanent event (foggy sides of exploration cards are just a special type of permanent event) is attached to (via the golden arrows) to take that action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you still need to specify who is taking the action and who leads it, as when there is an immediate event, the same people need to participate

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tip for new players. While most of the time you want to conserve cards, at the start of an adventure (or any time your hand is depleted) you may want to choose to spend one card on a 0+ in order to take the card in hand.

A tactic to use sparingly, but sometimes quite useful to prepare yourself to succeed in more difficult challenges, protentially using fewer net cards as a result.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
randiv wrote:
Tip for new players. While most of the time you want to conserve cards, at the start of an adventure (or any time your hand is depleted) you may want to choose to spend one card on a 0+ in order to take the card in hand.

A tactic to use sparingly, but sometimes quite useful to prepare yourself to succeed in more difficult challenges, protentially using fewer net cards as a result.

Another thing to note about this... make sure you get the other players on the same card to get involved in the action too in case you draw one of their character cards. It really sucks when you try the above trick just to then draw a card of a non-involved character and thus be forced to discard it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Worth noting that in the expansions there will be some fogs that have different, more difficult checks.

It looks like in the barge sections the fogs have you making constant balance checks to stay on the barge, for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Certain things, especially about future content, should be behind spoiler markers and probably should be plainly labeled as being about future content.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe? It isn't any kind of secret. SP spoiled it themselves back in September.

It's in a giant image on the front page of the kickstarter, that's the only reason I know about it. I haven't played the expansions, I don't have them yet!

And it's not a story element or a puzzle solution or even a fun thing to discover. It's just a minor element of the game that exists. "There's a barge" would be a minor spoiler of a fun thing to discover, but that's widely advertised. "You have to make balance checks not to fall off the barge..." I really don't think that's a spoiler at all.

People are incredibly sensitive to anything that could be seen as a spoiler on here though, maybe it would have been better to spoiler tag it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.