Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Pruitt
United States
Denver
CO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like games with a rich fantasy or sci-fi feel/theme, but some things that turn me off are long set up times and tons of components to sort and keep track of.

What are some games that have the theme but a shorter set-up time and fewer components. Preferably a board game rather than a card game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theodore Moffett
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Potentially Alien Frontiers, which is essentially a worker placement with dice.

Although it is a card game, Race for the Galaxy is classic and has great replay value. If you are against cards, Roll for the Galaxy is a dice version of the same game.

Or possibly Clank! In space. I haven't played it but I do own and enjoy the original.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dugas
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Alien Frontiers

Also, if you do decide to consider card games, I'd recommend Among the Stars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Issac R.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me about color vision!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tiny Epic Galaxies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia is a light fantasy dungeon crawler. The set up time is minimal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pruitt
United States
Denver
CO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have all the Tiny Epic games except Western, and those are pretty much spot on as far as what I'm looking for. Could actually tolerate just a tad more complicated on setup (but not too much).

I had Race for the Galaxy and found it confusing, but I own Eminent Domain which is the same type of thing and works for me. How is Roll for the Galaxy in comparison to Race as far as complexity?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.