Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Mosbaugh
United States
san leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So, when you set up, you put three adventure cards face up, three face down. From that point on, when you complete (or discard via certain item/spell) an adventure, do you replace it with one in a similar state (i.e. replace face-up with face-up, face-down with face-down) or when you replace the completed adventure the new adventure is ALWAYS placed face down?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Johnsson
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you replace adventures, the new ones are always placed face down (in all three Omen expansions and Gates of Arkham).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Mosbaugh
United States
san leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Groovy thanks. Finally sitting down and playing through as a solo game. I thought that was right but the wording in the rulebook is a tad ambiguous. Gracias!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Kilteddispatcher wrote:
Groovy thanks. Finally sitting down and playing through as a solo game. I thought that was right but the wording in the rulebook is a tad ambiguous. Gracias!

I don't see how wording could be ambiguous. Rules say:

"When a player is instructed to place a Pacific Adventure card during the game, he places it facedown. (Other World cards are still placed faceup.)"

I don't see room for interpretation here (possibly you missed the passage?), but if it's ambiguous, I'd like to hear where it's ambiguous so that I can improve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Mosbaugh
United States
san leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My little hiccup (which may have been whiskey related) was the word "instructed" - wondering if there was a distinction between 'replacing' an adventure that was successfully completed, versus the spells and items that state to discard and replace an adventure or to add an extra 7th adventure to the stock, etc. Whiskey-fueled minor difference seen between what I saw as a ' restocking the board' type action versus a game effect specifically instructing a player to draw a new adventure. Perhaps I should have checked the wording in the main rulebook as pertaining to when exactly the new adventure is placed - whether it is the player that is 'instructed' or it occurs in a player-non-specific gray time between players/phases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
That's an interesting point, Jeff, thanks for covering it.

I think "instructed" was used to indicate any type of effect resulting in a specific action (in this case, seeding a new adventure) to be resolved, so that it doesn't matter whether you're resolving a specific card effect, or you're simply drawing a card from the deck as replacement for passing that adventure: the important part is that a player is placing a new card.

But I can see where you're coming from. Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.