Subject: Cylons beat zombies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis _
Germany
Halle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BSG finally overtook DoW, yeah! (By not dropping as rapidly, that is.) Thus, it's now the best Post-Apocalyptic Voting on Bluffing Spies Deduction Game (interestingly, they don't share one mechanism expressing their similarities in gameplay).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

BSG Overall 62 Thematic 21
DoW Overall 63 Thematic 24

Affensohn wrote:
BSG finally overtook DoW, yeah! (By not dropping as rapidly, that is.) Thus, it's now the best Post-Apocalyptic Voting on Bluffing Spies Deduction Game (interestingly, they don't share one mechanism expressing their similarities in gameplay).
As a community that's acronym shy (including the BGG community at large), let's clear up that DoW is Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game (not Days Of Wonder )

Also, the shared mechanics according to BGG:
Area Movement
Co-operative Play
Dice Rolling
Hand Management
Variable Player Powers

Although I'm wondering why BSG got Role Playing, but not DoW?
Conversely, why BSG got Partnership, but not DoW? I guess DoW also got "storytelling"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis _
Germany
Halle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
[c]
Also, the shared mechanics according to BGG:
Area Movement
Co-operative Play
Dice Rolling
Hand Management
Variable Player Powers

True. But when I think of either of these, I'm not thinking: "Ah, that was the one Dice Rolling game with Area Movement." It's more like: "Ah, the one where I had to betray all my friends!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.