Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
64 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: 'Official' UK Games Expo 2018 No Ship Maths Trade Discussion Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Harris
United Kingdom
Surbiton
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

This is the discussion thread for the No Ship Maths Trade for the UK Games Expo 2018.

This is the usual discussion thread for the UK Games Expo 2018 no-ship maths trade, which is a place for friendly banter and where newbies can ask any questions about the maths trade and get advice.

Last year, most traders donated £1 for each game traded. We raised £220 for the Children with Cancer Fund.

Notes:

In order to participate in this maths trade you or a proxy MUST be going to the convention.
The intention is that all trading will take place at the convention to avoid shipping costs.

The UK Games Expo 2018 is an annual convention showcasing historical miniatures, boardgames, role playing games, collectable card games and computer games to be held in Birmingham on the 1st-3rd June 2018.

Related Links
Discussion Thread: UK Games Expo 2018 No Ship Maths Trade Discussion Thread
Request Geeklist: UK Games Expo 2018 No Ship Maths Trade Request List
Trade Geeklist: UK Games Expo 2018 No Ship Maths Trade List
Want-list Generator: OLWLG

Dates (all times in BST):
Submissions Open: Friday 27th April 2018 12:00
Submissions Close: Wednesday 16th May 2018 23:00
Want Lists Submission Open: Wednesday 16th May 2018 23:01
Want Lists Close: Tuesday 22nd May 2018 22:00
Results should be posted on Wednesday 23rd May 2018.

Meetup at UK Games Expo: There will be an official meetup on the stage in Hall2 at 10am each day of the show to exchange.

Please feel free to ask questions or add comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Korey Finch
Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never been a part of a maths trade before but I'd like to. I'm going to the UK games expo on Saturday June 2nd. Can I get involved with the trade? How do I do it? Does it cost anything? -Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harris
United Kingdom
Surbiton
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Korey, you are very welcome to join the maths trade - the more people involved the better it is for everyone.

The trade list has just opened here: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/240535/official-uk-games-...

If it's your first maths trade then it's worth looking at some of the informative geeklists and videos on the trade list to get a good idea of what it's like.

It doesn't cost anything to participate, but we use it as an opportunity to fundraise for Expo charities by donating £1 for each successful trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Korey Finch
Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dev Sodagar
United Kingdom
Sutton
Surrey
flag msg tools
The Ragados
badge
Ragados
mbmbmbmbmb
Wooo!!! Best Math Trade of the year :-D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the no-ship trades as it's an opportunity to maths-out the small games that aren't worth the effort to post normally. Also, you get more choice from people who aren't normally prepared to post anything and finally as there's no shipping cost, I find more people better value their trades without that postage cost overhang
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murphy Smith
United Kingdom
Exeter
devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there's one trade to make the effort for, it's this one! Thanks. I said to a friend this morning that I was worried I hadn't seen it yet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Berjano
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven’t been involved in the last two or three math trades, but this one seems to be picking up steam slowly... hopefully we’ll have a big list by the end date to post games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Parker-Osbon
United Kingdom
Thetford
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Does this Math Trade take a little while to pick up speed? It seems to have quite a short list at the moment considering how long it has been live and people saying it is the 'best one of the year'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Richards
Scotland
Allanton
Duns
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matt19021982 wrote:
Does this Math Trade take a little while to pick up speed? It seems to have quite a short list at the moment considering how long it has been live and people saying it is the 'best one of the year'
Quality over quantity?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It does seem to be a little slow at the moment but it's always a little smaller - we're without the big traders like enoon, Carsten and Lucas that swell the numbers of games added to the regular UK maths trades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Johnson
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cornishlee wrote:
It does seem to be a little slow at the moment but it's always a little smaller - we're without the big traders like enoon, Carsten and Lucas that swell the numbers of games added to the regular UK maths trades.

I have about a hundred to list, but (a) I haven't really seen anything I want to trade for and (b) I might just put them in the B&B or sell on Facebook because of (a). Perhaps others are waiting to see if they want anything in the trade before listing (and yes I realise that's a self-defeating situation).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ashiotis
United Kingdom
Norbury
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have somewhere between 25-30 games that I was going to log and put in the Bring & Buy. Is it possible to list them through this if I’m only looking for cash as need to reduce shelf space as downsizing or is this one just a game for a game Math trade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave D
United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mikeyash wrote:
I have somewhere between 25-30 games that I was going to log and put in the Bring & Buy. Is it possible to list them through this if I’m only looking for cash as need to reduce shelf space as downsizing or is this one just a game for a game Math trade?
There are usually some cash offers in a math trade, which help to lubricate things. No-one would complain if you accepted only these for your offers.

Having mentioned here that you are looking for cash might encourage more people to put cash offers in ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hines
United Kingdom
Hove
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing as the results will be posted a week before the expo, couldn't people do both the maths trade and then put their leftovers in the bring & buy to maximise their chances of getting rid of unwanted games. That's what we're planning to do
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrDanH wrote:
Seeing as the results will be posted a week before the expo, couldn't people do both the maths trade and then put their leftovers in the bring & buy to maximise their chances of getting rid of unwanted games. That's what we're planning to do
Yep, I've certainly done that in the past. I think a lot of people do, every year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben French
United Kingdom
Staines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just timing for me. I’m still working out which ones to add! The list is open longer than usual so I’d imagine in the next week it will get busier
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louisa Berry
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm away from home at the moment, so I'm planning to list my 10-30ish items next weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harris
United Kingdom
Surbiton
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you to
Matt Parker-Osbon
United Kingdom
Thetford
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
&
Louisa Berry
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

for letting me know about four items that were incorrectly added to the maths list (they were requiring shipping in error). they have now been deleted.

Please feel free to drop me a geekmail if you see anything that needs looking into.

Cheers, Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
benji
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the no ship is awesome, but for the thrill of the auction I present you with No ship UK Game Expo 2018 auction . Happy gaming everyone and not much more to wait for the UKGE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil McIntyre
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There seem to be a few cash entries where people haven't stated which days they will be attending..... Grrrr!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
liencam wrote:
There seem to be a few cash entries where people haven't stated which days they will be attending..... Grrrr!
Presumably they'll use PayPal and it won't matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murphy Smith
United Kingdom
Exeter
devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
woodnoggin wrote:
liencam wrote:
But the owner of the game still needs to know when they're attending in order to plan how and when to complete the trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kirkman
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swizit wrote:
woodnoggin wrote:
liencam wrote:
But the owner of the game still needs to know when they're attending in order to plan how and when to complete the trade.
Not really - the receiver chooses the games they want including making sure they are available when they can collect them, the money may not (and probably won't) go to the person who offers the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
joeyk wrote:
swizit wrote:
woodnoggin wrote:
liencam wrote:
Not really - the receiver chooses the games they want including making sure they are available when they can collect them, the money may not (and probably won't) go to the person who offers the game.
Exactly. The person offering cash will only add games to their Wants List which will be available on the days they're attending.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |