6 Posts

Arena: The Contest» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: Questions about TableTopia rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Torrey Frith
Canada
flag msg tools
I know it was mentioned that Dragori will be trying to put Arena on tabletopia and was curious about how that will be done. I know tabletopia allows creators to monetize their game on the site and was wondering if Dragori was planning on doing that with Arena and if so, will backers get access anyway or would we have to pay to get access again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Bicalho
msg tools
They only thing i can add to the discussion is a quote from dragori in the coments:

@Anthony - Actually, we are currently importing a demo version of PvP to Tabletopia, not Tabletop Simulator.

I have only used 'Board Game Arena' so far.I have no idea how tabletopia works. But, I guess they would allow all backers to test it for free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo de Alcantara
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Darknessdecends wrote:
I know it was mentioned that Dragori will be trying to put Arena on tabletopia and was curious about how that will be done. I know tabletopia allows creators to monetize their game on the site and was wondering if Dragori was planning on doing that with Arena and if so, will backers get access anyway or would we have to pay to get access again?

I'm also not an expert myself at the platform since I had dealt thus far only with TTS (we went with Tabletopia because they have a pro team who can import that for us).

Once the campaign ends I will study Tabletopia more in-depth and check our options. We are inclined to make a demo version widely available for free, but I can't be certain about things at this moment, sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torrey Frith
Canada
flag msg tools
Ok cool! Thanks a ton Danilo =D. Also would it be ok for the community to make a version of it for TTS? Just as the basic setup with only map and characters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo de Alcantara
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Darknessdecends wrote:
Ok cool! Thanks a ton Danilo =D. Also would it be ok for the community to make a version of it for TTS? Just as the basic setup with only map and characters?

I'm afraid it wouldn't, as we would like to import the game ourselves to have the accurate and complete files, and quality control. You could, of course, make your own private version, but not for widespread public access.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torrey Frith
Canada
flag msg tools
Totally fair, Thanks for the answers =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.