Subject: Can Falcon be used more than once per turn? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blake Curry
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I had Falcon on my team and managed to damage three villains in one turn! Falcon reads: if you add damage to a villain, take an extra bonus token at the end of the turn.

Meanwhile, I also had Iron Spider, who reads: Each time you damage a villain, heal one damage from a hero.

Because of this specific distinction in wording, I ended up ruling that Falcon could only kick off once per turn, which means I was awarded 4 bonus tokens. 3 for the villains attacked and then just 1 for Falcon. But then I got 3 heals from Spider-Man which definitely prevented 3 actual heroes from dying that very turn so pretty awesome.

Buddy I played with argued that I should have gotten 6 tokens though as Falcon doesn't explicitly say it only happens once per round. I disagree but I'm all for gaining extra, so I thought I would come here to see if I am wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Because of this specific distinction in wording, I ended up ruling that Falcon could only kick off once per turn, which means I was awarded 4 bonus tokens. 3 for the villains attacked and then just 1 for Falcon. But then I got 3 heals from Spider-Man which definitely prevented 3 actual heroes from dying that very turn so pretty awesome.

This is exactly how we played it too. I was curious as well if it should be 6 bonus tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also say that the +1 bonus only triggers once.

Generally speaking, when playing a co-op, if you ever have a rules question, go with whatever would make the game more difficult. That's always going to lead to more fun in the long run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wolf
United States
Carlsbad
Unspecified
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Homey_Christ wrote:

You played it correctly. The distinction is *if* vs. *each*.

Andrew Wolf
Game Designer - USAopoly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Roberts
msg tools
mb
Always great when a designer of the game answers rules questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ariel
Chile
Vina del Mar
V. Region
flag msg tools
badge
constantly thinking on variants to create and implement
mbmbmbmbmb
Cubsnextyear17 wrote:
Always great when a designer of the game answers rules questions.

Yes thumbsup !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.